GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Veron Leaving??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 11:54
Regular
Juan Sebastian Veron has revealed that he expects to follow David Beckham out of Manchester United this summer.

The 28-year-old Argentinian midfielder, who was signed from Lazio for a club record £28.1 million by Sir Alex Ferguson two years ago, has suggested that he would be happier at Inter Milan or Juventus next season.

He is quoted as saying: "I think I will be playing in Serie A next season. I am flattered that a few teams are looking at me. Big players are good in big teams.

"I would not have any problems playing for Hector Cuper (at Inter Milan) or Marcello Lippi (at Juventus). I will be the right man."

Veron, who still has three years remaining on his present United contract, has endured a largely frustrating time at Old Trafford.

And United, who have agreed to sell Beckham to Real Madrid for £24.5 million, would have to surely accept a lower fee for Veron than they paid Lazio given the depressed transfer market.

Veron added: "I have a contract that binds me to United for another three years. I wouldn't have a problem in continuing my English adventure, but I think I'll be back playing in Italy."

He continued: "In the first year in Manchester I wasn't fit. I had a tendon problem but I tried to grit my teeth because I wanted to play.

"Then the knee injury disrupted my second season, although when I came back I gave my help."

Veron has scored 11 goals in more than 80 matches for the Red Devils.

I think most Manchester United fans would like to see the back of him, as he hasn't really produced anything special we all know he is capable of.

What does everyone else think?
Sat 02/08/03 at 19:00
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Well I don't think Man U will fall if he leaves he did some good things but wasn't a key player.

Ps:Sw2atpuppi go to Cape Ads and put the games in .
Sat 02/08/03 at 18:57
"LoRD oF thE BEER"
Veron will go to chelsea ever if alex say he has no idear.just like becks before him he is getting force out of man.u.He is noway near a 28mil bucks player at all.

P.S:he suck like pooooooooooooooooooooooooo on a stick
Mon 14/07/03 at 18:54
Regular
i think Juve will sign him. he will go to juventus which will lead to them using new signing appiah in the davids role and supporting veron, allowing davids to move to chelsea.
Mon 14/07/03 at 09:55
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
It looks like United have made a deal with Chelsea for Seba.....

Might aswell sell the whole squad while your at it eh fergie?
Mon 14/07/03 at 09:45
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Veron will leave this close-season... it will most likely be back to Italy, dont rule out an exchange for Crespo.

Solskjaer is supposed to be on his way to Birmingham too (a straight swap for Upson is what i heard) there will be alot of change at Old Trafford in the coming 4 weeks or so, that is ofcourse if all the relevant players can agree terms.

Oh and Ronaldhinho WILL sign Tuesday (again, so i heard)
Mon 14/07/03 at 09:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
They have lost interest because of the money that could be involved with various other effects of the transfer, numbers of non-EU players in the squad and the fact they have a superteam anyway.
Sun 13/07/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Or†ega wrote:
> It would be beyond a joke if Real signed Ronaldinho as well.

They won't do that, they have lost interest think.
Tue 08/07/03 at 13:34
Regular
It would be beyond a joke if Real signed Ronaldinho as well.
Tue 08/07/03 at 04:37
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Veron was another player i stated that would be making a move in the closed season... Chelsea are current favourites to sign him with an almost tabled £10 million bid but Veron has cleary said that he would go back to Italy to end his career... Money talks in football so if Chelsea did offer Veron an increased wage over what he is currently on then he would leave Old Trafford like a shot... you can count on that.

Man Utd DO want Ronaldhino VERY badly... the money generated from Beckhams sale isnt enough on its own (due to the arranged re-payments involved) another £10 million would do the job just nicely tho.
Thu 26/06/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
He'll quit if United don't get the Champion's league soon- He wants trophies, and now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.