GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"4.1, 5.1, 6.1 & 7.1 Speakers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 09:26
Regular
Just wanted some opinions on 4.1 and higher speakers. There is no way in hell i would ever need (or want) four or more speakers for my PC. A 2 speaker system plus subwoofer is more than enough for me.

I mean who on earth has room around their PC for 7 frikkin speakers!
Am i the only one that thinks these speakers are a little over the top?

If you were buying a PC system would you care whether it came with 4 speakers or would you be more than happy with 2?
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:22
Regular
The reason why i have a 5.1 speaker system is for when im watching dvd's or divx's on my pc and it is really cool when playing ghost recon, you have to have the right setup for it though, TOday at work i had a system come in with a power surge and it had £1200 worth of YAMAHA soundcards and front bays, it was a little recording studio and on looking on there hard disk drives i found that they didnt seem to do anything with it (wonder where they got it from?), so what i am saying is IF it isnt needed then don't bother, Oh by the way im an IT insurance evaluator that what i mean by it being a power surge.

Colin
Wed 25/06/03 at 18:23
"I love yo... lamp."
I would only want 4+ speakers if they wre good quality, as I would then use the PC as part of a home cinema. But if they were rubbish speakers then no point.
Wed 25/06/03 at 15:01
Regular
"..."
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> *coughs*

Ahhhh. You choose your words wisely my son. I still think anyone who wants more than 4 speakers for their PC is a psycho...
Wed 25/06/03 at 10:51
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
"I won't use them, don't need them, but still want then" :)
Wed 25/06/03 at 10:29
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
From a customer point of view, In My Eyes, I'd want the best speaker system available for however much I'd paid. For example, if I'd spent over a grand on a kickass PC, I'd pretty much want some phat speakers to go with it. If I didn't want 4/5/6 speakers on my desk, then I'd only use two.

That's In My Eyes anyway.

*coughs*
Tue 24/06/03 at 12:21
"Bothered!"
I have a 6.1 surround sound system and I have room for all my speakers. I ahve attached all of my speakers to the wall and they are fantastic. He is right though, you mainly only use the two each side of the screen but you can configure them to all work accordingly.
Tue 24/06/03 at 09:31
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sounds stupid I know, but I'd prefer to get 4, yet still only use two .. as from a layout point of view, I've not really got anywhere to place them without them getting in the way, but its still nice to have if you don't mind setting them up every so often, for a game or something.

The machien I've got now came with 5, one being for the centre, and I use that one and the two front ones, and before, with my older Pc, I had one back on attacked to the wall.

It made things sound better, but because of all those wires, I just didn't set the whole thing up as I could have, because there really is no need, seeing as I don't play games, and music souonds good enough with two.

Still, nice to have a couple spare if one breaks.
Tue 24/06/03 at 09:26
Regular
"..."
Just wanted some opinions on 4.1 and higher speakers. There is no way in hell i would ever need (or want) four or more speakers for my PC. A 2 speaker system plus subwoofer is more than enough for me.

I mean who on earth has room around their PC for 7 frikkin speakers!
Am i the only one that thinks these speakers are a little over the top?

If you were buying a PC system would you care whether it came with 4 speakers or would you be more than happy with 2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.