GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future - One Format??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/01 at 18:55
Regular
Well this is my thoughts on what I would like as the future for games and the what format is to use the games.
I`d like to see a smaller version of a PC, (Xbox someone cries from the audience), yes the XBOX is a PC of sorts, but i`d like to see smaller more compact version of the PC that can be upgraded whenever the person wants to, not stuck to one configuration that you get when you buy it.
PC`s now are excellent.....but expensive, and more money is need to be shelled out for upgrades.
Now if you had a smaller version.....like the XBOX, in a sane world smaller would mean it would also be cheaper to manufacture and cheaper for us people to buy.
This would be good, not just for the consumers but for programmers of computer games, as they won`t be stuck with one configuration (CPU speed etc.)and can make their games bigger, faster and better:)
If you look at the gaming community now, you have companies bringing out new machines, but how long will they last? before the compnay has to axe it and try and make a better one, surely if all the companies agreed on `one` system that is upgradable, then they could keep upgrading that machine and not have the expense of bringing out a whole new system every 2 years or so.
I`d like to see that one format happen, but competition from companies who sell upgrades, all working to make this one format better so it would benefit everyone. They could have that rivarly in the upgrade market trying to better each other that again could only benefit us.
So one format, is it a good idea??
A smaller upgradable PC, a good idea??
Mon 06/04/09 at 12:19
Regular
Edited
Mon 06/04/09 at 12:18
Regular
Tactic for Malygos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYqJ-8FiXCI

Raid Balance
1 tank, 3 healers is ideal. Note that we beat this timer with a full minute to spare -- this is with my off-tank in the raid as well as several brand new 80s. Beating this timer is 100% about the sparks, and while gear will help a lot, it's not enormously necessary. You do, however, want all of your raiders to have ~18k health minimum while fully buffed to handle vortex and varying amounts of raid damage.

Phase 1 Notes
When Malygos is landing, he doesn't seem to register threat/damage for the first few seconds. Burning long cooldowns such as Bloodrage and hitting him too early isn't necessarily good. Have your raid give you a couple seconds until he's clearly facing you.

Like several of the Blue dragons, Malygos has no tail or cleave attack to worry about. For this reason, you can move him without too much fear of hitting other raiders (though you still need to pay attention to his conal breath).

You have plenty of time to move him away from sparks and force the sparks to cross over the raid. This is why I move around the edge of the inner circle, which also prevents him from facing the raid for a breath. When there are two up (the one from before the vortex and after) and when they are coming from adjoining quarters, I triangulate Malygos' position so they're both forced to cross the center.

It is possbible for Malygos to be within reach of melee who're in the center spark field while still allowing Hunters to attack from within the spark. This will happen naturally so long as you use the outer edge, though if you have problems, cut the corners a bit tighter.

While Death Grip from Death Knights is a means of stacking spark fields and while this strategy will work for some guilds, it will not be a recommended strategy given that you're relying on one specific class and you're making an entire raid move instead of just the tank.

With that said, tanks who are not used to strafing, mouse movement, camera control, and effective keybinds need to step up their game. Fortunately this website is here to help with that.

Phase 2 Notes
There is nothing specific to think about in this phase, just kill the adds and let the melee classes get the disks to be able to do any damage during this phase. And try to always stand inside the bubbles.

Phase 3 Notes
This video isn't a stellar example of Phase 3, in part because I don't see combo points on my interface (in general I'm very unhappy w/ my interface atm, I need to work on several elements such as player frames, target frames, and buffs). However, you do see my successfully shielding from a Surge, which is by far the most critical part of Phase 3. Make sure everyone in your raid clearly understands how to use that ability.
Mon 06/04/09 at 12:17
Regular
Tactic for Malygos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYqJ-8FiXCI

Raid Balance
1 tank, 3 healers is ideal. Note that we beat this timer with a full minute to spare -- this is with my off-tank in the raid as well as several brand new 80s. Beating this timer is 100% about the sparks, and while gear will help a lot, it's not enormously necessary. You do, however, want all of your raiders to have ~18k health minimum while fully buffed to handle vortex and varying amounts of raid damage.

Phase 1 Notes
When Malygos is landing, he doesn't seem to register threat/damage for the first few seconds. Burning long cooldowns such as Bloodrage and hitting him too early isn't necessarily good. Have your raid give you a couple seconds until he's clearly facing you.

Like several of the Blue dragons, Malygos has no tail or cleave attack to worry about. For this reason, you can move him without too much fear of hitting other raiders (though you still need to pay attention to his conal breath).

You have plenty of time to move him away from sparks and force the sparks to cross over the raid. This is why I move around the edge of the inner circle, which also prevents him from facing the raid for a breath. When there are two up (the one from before the vortex and after) and when they are coming from adjoining quarters, I triangulate Malygos' position so they're both forced to cross the center.

It is possbible for Malygos to be within reach of melee who're in the center spark field while still allowing Hunters to attack from within the spark. This will happen naturally so long as you use the outer edge, though if you have problems, cut the corners a bit tighter.

While Death Grip from Death Knights is a means of stacking spark fields and while this strategy will work for some guilds, it will not be a recommended strategy given that you're relying on one specific class and you're making an entire raid move instead of just the tank.

With that said, tanks who are not used to strafing, mouse movement, camera control, and effective keybinds need to step up their game. Fortunately this website is here to help with that.

Phase 2 Notes
There is nothing specific to think about in this phase, just kill the adds and let the melee classes get the disks to be able to do any damage during this phase.

Phase 3 Notes
This video isn't a stellar example of Phase 3, in part because I don't see combo points on my interface (in general I'm very unhappy w/ my interface atm, I need to work on several elements such as player frames, target frames, and buffs). However, you do see my successfully shielding from a Surge, which is by far the most critical part of Phase 3. Make sure everyone in your raid clearly understands how to use that ability.
Mon 12/02/01 at 21:49
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Actually:

Communism = no money = everything free = free houses etc

Stalin made sure that by the end of his reign, by working together (and by slave labour) russia turned from a nation of farmers to the 2nd most powerful on earth... everyone in the capitol had a home, and everyone had a job and was fed... obviously, this was a dictatorship style of communism, and ended in more deaths than hitler! But it could work... read brave new world...

In this book, everyone is communist. Everyone is 100% happy. They get free drugs, are "grown" so that they LOVE their job 100%, and have all got great houses and the like.

It's by Aldous Huxley... read it before u dis communism... so many things in the book are already true!

SonicRav
Mon 12/02/01 at 15:06
"Darkness, always"
On paper Communism works, and keeps everybody happy, and employed.

In reality it is cack, and all products are low quality, and people have to put up with things they hate.

Sounds like SEGAs mission statement...

-IB
Mon 12/02/01 at 15:04
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Insane Bartender wrote:
Actually I'm glad we're
> not Communists ;-)

I always liked the idea of communism... its just a shame it doesnt seem to be all that practicle in real life...
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:39
"Darkness, always"
meka_dragon wrote:
> SonicRav wrote:
> Actually, the problem is that we are not
> communists....

Actually I'm glad we're not Communists ;-)

One
> format = no competition = poor games = high prices.

Very true, look at the likes of Lada and Skoda until recent years.

The result of comunisn and forced monopoly.

-IB
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:38
Regular
"not dead"
SonicRav wrote:
> Actually, the problem is that we are not communists....

Actually I'm glad we're not Communists ;-)

One format = no competition = poor games = high prices.
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:37
"Darkness, always"
SickMan2001 wrote:
Now if you had a smaller version.....like
> the XBOX, in a sane world smaller would mean it would also be
> cheaper to manufacture and cheaper for us people to buy.

Smaller is rarely cheaper.

If you want a small and more compact version of a PC, get a laptop, at twice the price..

-IB
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:28
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Your saying the PS2 should be the only console huh? :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.