GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manga Mags"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/06/03 at 20:11
Regular
hm, I'm pretty disappointed with the (lack of) choice we have for Anime related magazines in this country. Spain has quite a few and 2 of them come with free DVDs on every month, featuring episodes, films, how to draw characters and previews of new Anime.

They also seem to go for sections on the 'dodgy' anime market too, which would probably mean that it would sell loads in this country ;-)

Why can't we have the same?
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:38
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
www.page45.couk.com

They have Newtype and you can set up a FREE standing order with them for each issue, they also do postage and only charge 6.99 plus postage per issue, they're ace.

Newtype is definitely the one to get, has all the latest jap stuff and saves trawling the net, plus the DVD you get, though it says Region 1, is actually all region :)
Tue 24/06/03 at 10:27
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
There is Newtype USA magazine.
You can get it from either otaku.co.uk or up1.co.uk or if you have an importer near you (which I don't think I do), though each issue will set you back about a tenner thanks to higher than average postage.

It's not a bad magazine, it focuses on what's currently showing on TV in Japan, what's on dvd in both Japan and the US, it even has a small section about the UK market.
Other bits and bobs include episode guides, info about crappy Japanese music, voice actors and fan art/fan fiction, plastic model kits (usually Gundam) and plenty of adverts for various dvds.
It comes with a free dvd with usually one episode of a show and a few adverts, it also gets a poster and some pointless postcards.

All in all it's not a bad mag, and has a great layout and is gorgeous to look at, but it is a bit pricey.

The official website for the mag is http://www.newtype-usa.com/

(And by the way, I don't work as a sales rep for the mag :D)
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Anime is great. People who find it foolish are probably too stupid to understand it or cannot be caught watching 'cartoons' when it clearly isn't.

Bah.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:58
Regular
Shut up.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:55
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Anime sucks
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:26
Regular
As far as I know they stopped publishing it ages ago.

Though I did loose intrest in Manga a long, long time ago though so it might be still around. Highly unlikely though.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:22
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Hmmm. Might have to 'ave a look. I presume it's not going now, as you speak in the past tense.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:14
Regular
Because we're english, we suck....apparently

Manga Mania, now THAT was a magazine.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:13
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
The Battle Royale anime is amazing. And only just over a fiver each.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:11
"possibly impossible"
hm, I'm pretty disappointed with the (lack of) choice we have for Anime related magazines in this country. Spain has quite a few and 2 of them come with free DVDs on every month, featuring episodes, films, how to draw characters and previews of new Anime.

They also seem to go for sections on the 'dodgy' anime market too, which would probably mean that it would sell loads in this country ;-)

Why can't we have the same?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.