GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Connections"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/06/03 at 19:40
Regular
What's the best adsl/broadband around?

Beacause my dad says "not now" because "we cant afford it right now"

but if i can find a cheap and reliable service I'm sure he'll break ^_^

so any suggestions?

thanx in advance
josh
Wed 25/06/03 at 13:08
Regular
ntl is great never used anything else so i have no comparison but ive had 600k and 1 meg no problems at all in my area id die without it
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Miserableman wrote:
> NTL are probably the worst ISP in England right now.

You obviously live in a crappy area then!

People still complain about their customer services being crap. I phone up yesterday and got straight through. They found my pin number for me straight away. Nice and easy.

It's dropped twice in 8 months and I've never noticed it to slow down.

But then that's the problem with all ISPs, depending on where you live. Some places it may be crap, others it may be good.

Depends.
Tue 24/06/03 at 09:36
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Turbonutter wrote:
> He's right though, NTL can get pretty damn crappy at times.

But so can everyone else. Pipex have been crap at times, Freeloa's 0845 have been a joke at times, etc etc.

Phi11ip seems happy with them though, and you know how much of a complaining little B!tch he can be about things :) So that puts NTL pretty highly on that account.

As for suggestions, take a look into Pipex, as they do standard ADSL for £23 which is good, although I believe there are some cheaper ones out there, I'd be a little causious about them, until you've found out a little more.

Freeola's ADSL would probably be good, compaired to their past record with good service, but a little bit pricy when looking at Pipex, and the Webspace thay offer is half of what Pipex do .. but offer you your own Domain Name with the package, so it depends on which you like best.
Tue 24/06/03 at 02:44
Regular
"bing bang bong"
NTL are probably the worst ISP in England right now.
Tue 24/06/03 at 01:17
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Very, very rarely now. Used to have a lot of big problems, but I haven't been disconnected for months now..touchwood.

*Holds on to wood very tightly*

I really can't complain at £34.99/month for a 1mbit service, and have never noticed it being slowed down thanks to being "clogged up" - that depends entirely on where you live, and here it's fantastic, downloading at 119k/sec right now. ADSL became available here last week, and I have no reasons to want to leave ntl at all now really.
Mon 23/06/03 at 23:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
He's right though, NTL can get pretty damn crappy at times.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:27
"Bothered!"
I rest my case!
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You're wrong.

It's not slow.

And if you're paying #29.99 (keyboard!) a month then you're paying OTT. Even Freeola are lower than that and they were pretty expensive at one time...
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:22
"Bothered!"
NTL are ok but there are loadza people on there and so it is slow. It clogs up their service and the bandwidth is reduced. I am with Claranet. Normal £29.99 a month and a one-off £50 fee and a fantastically fast internet service...don't let n e one tell u otherwise and phi11ip is definitely going to contradict this coz hes family and competitive...im right!
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Most of them have a big fat installation charge and are about 24 pounds a month ish.

NTL do free instalation and very cheap broadband. Well, fast internet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.