GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recently"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/06/03 at 14:00
Regular
In the past couple of weeks, since leaving uni (and my nutwork connection) I've not been about much.
Consequently I've not vented my opinion much, so here's some stuff on my mind at the moment:

Soo, could have been bad times for Mr Blair recently.
Fortunately for Labour, while Blair seems hell bent on bringing the Tories back into contention with his rash policies and deceitful practices, Iain (or one i) Duncan Smith is returning the favour by repeatedly letting Blair off the hook.
I get the impression that he's not done as badly overall as he has in the stuff the public have seen, but nevertheless he had a huge chance to bring the Tories from a battle for second place back into contention like a phoenix from the flames. But he's too lame.
To be honest, allowing Blair to harp on about tights without pointing out that nobody was concerned with the get-up, only the constitutional protection Tony was hell bent on trashing, that just reeks of incompetence.

Still, when the Tories failed to make ground on Labour, there was a huge opening for the Lib Dems to win points (and votes) from both parties.
Anyone heard anything from them? (Bar discovery of documents in an almost unrelated story today...)

So we have 3 main parties, none of whom manage to not suck.
Maybe I'll write to Mr Bush and ask for a regime change...

Couldn't sleep last night, so I turned the TV on. Saw a huge spider on my ceiling. To cut a *long* story short, it fell on my duvet and I spent an half an hour trying to slide the upturned glass onto cardboard, without the duvet giving the space for the nippy git to make a break for it.
When I finally chucked it out of the briefly opened window another spider came in and promptly hid.
I dispared for a few minutes then gave up, spent an hour letting the adrenaline and fear subside, and slept.

Been to a job centre today, in the town where my dad works. The idea is that if I can't get anything here, I can commute with him.
Virtually no suitable jobs (even with my low standards). I've been rejecting lame career options lately, looking for something 'right' for me.
After that depressing hole the stuff I gave up doesn't look so bad.

I have an interview tomorrow, for the most suitable job available: Packing stuff on a factory line between 10pm and 8am. Ouch.
Travelling will be difficult. As will giving up my life to do a crap job. But it's only a temporary thing.
I don't know if it will work though...

New Zeland got further away again, when I realised my second bank account was £120 more overdrawn than I remembered, and that I'll need to leave money here for my monthly mobile phone contract payments.
Just as a job gets harder to land, I need the money much more.
Ain't that always the way.

Other news: After finishing 'the Prince' (Machiavelli), I started 'The Emperor's New Mind (Penrose). It's part high level physics, part philosophy. The prologue managed to go over my head with the maths.
I felt unwanted with the job thing. Now I feel stupid too.
The first chapter got easier, but I'm sure it'll lose me again soon enough.

I feel utterly misearable these days.
:^(
Tue 24/06/03 at 15:39
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Black Glove is losing it.

I was hopelessly drunk yesterday.
Today I'm hopelessly sober.
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
How old are you dude?

I am sure stuff will pick up for you, only townie scum (Yes I am prejudiced, deal with it) deserve to work menial jobs.

It may take a while to get a decent job but it will happen.

A few years ago my mum gave up childminding and went to a temping agency, one of the places she worked for offered her a full time position and she loves it there. Something will come along for you mate, just give it time.
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:08
Regular
I'm sure you do.

It was intended as a 'stuff in my head' thread, rather than a self-pity thread.
Just took a negative line because it's the line I was on.

Not that I have a problem with peoples' self pity threads, but I'd agree that my current unemployment position probably wouldn't warrant one.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:32
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I've read it dude.

I have issues too.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:30
Regular
Feel free not to read it.

Or just not reply.

Either way.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
shut up.

I mean, awww.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:03
Regular
I'm with a temp agency now, the ones recruiting for the least lame of the job centre jobs.

Unfortunately because of transport I can't do either that job or the other (actually relatively good, compared to the job centre bilge) one they offered me today.

Took a pish-easy aptitude test too. Lost one mark in the spelling section. Decided against using my mobile's predictive text thing to cheat. May have dropped some on the spelling spot the difference thing, given the lameness of my answers, adding to my dyslexia hypocondria.

Still, unlikely to get office work because of my lack of experience, so I don't think I'll be stretching my aptitude wherever I go.

Ho hum. Unless something picks up or I pass my driving test in the next fortnight, I'll probably have to apply for part time work with Asda.

Kill me. Do it now.
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:17
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Job centres are crap anyway.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Black Glove is losing it.
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Laughingstock"
*peels himself off the ceiling*

It's been a peculiar day. I fear I've drank too much from the fountain of wisdumb.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.