GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who has a dell"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/06/03 at 13:59
Regular
does any1 have a dell pc i hear they put loads of crap on it that you dont need is this easy to remove by add remove programmes or is it best to do a reinstall straight as it arrives and if so is it just a case of putting boot cd in
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:17
Regular
That would cost way too much.
Mon 23/06/03 at 22:53
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, perhaps, but it's enough money as it is. I can easily upgrade at alater date when I have the money.
Mon 23/06/03 at 22:36
Regular
for a xtra 400 you could have had 18 inch tft with 1 gig ram and 18inch sharp tft with a wicked set of soround sound speakers with the better hard drive also with the code
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:03
Regular
Hmm make sure everything is okay i've heard a few bad things with Dell's courier service.
Mon 23/06/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Well, I took the plunge and ordered my Dell PC this morning.

Dell 8300
2.8GHz P4 Processor with Hyper-threading Technology
512Mb DDR RAM
120Gb IDE HD (Motherboard has SATA controllers for future expansion)
CD-RW and DVD drives
128Mb Ata Radeon 9800 Graphics Card
Audigy 2 sound card
15" UltraSharp (15.0" VIS) Analogue/Digital Flat Panel Monitor
Wireless Networking

Then Dad can MS Software from work for free thanks to some new deal, which is great.

Comes to £1100 with money off deal from Business deal at Dad's Work. Comes 1-2 weeks time. Excellent!
Mon 23/06/03 at 13:18
Regular
yes very helpfull thankyou im getting this pc from dell its e code 200-d52rev check it out get alot for your money with this code
Mon 23/06/03 at 12:53
"Bothered!"
Dell are a good PC manufacturer and they do stick loadza crap on their PCs but I would recommend against reinstalling the whole machine as some of the stuff they put on there is very needed. And I would strongly recommend against deleting or attempting to change/alter partitions. This is quite tricky as a lot of PC manufacturers put a small partition of roughly 8MB on the hard drive which holds data relating to a system restore. And if you delete this partition by accident, the system restore pack will not function correctly if at all.

Just delete the stuff you don't think you'll use. You can probly do it from My Computer at the C:

Also, if there is really unwanted advertising crap on there, use something like "Ad-aware" which will clear out spyware and unwanted crap. Spyware is actually put on the system so I have heard especially by big manufacturers like Dell as they wish to see how the end-user utilises certain aspects of the PC.

Hope this helps and I'm sure that "Phi11ip" will say that it is completely irrelevant coz he loves to poke his nose into my business being related to me and all however I just wanted to tell you wot I know and how I think it affects.

SS
Sun 22/06/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
And you'll find that you'll use a lot of it some time or another.
Sun 22/06/03 at 19:30
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
drewy wrote:
> does any1 have a dell pc i hear they put loads of crap on it that you
> dont need is this easy to remove by add remove programmes or is it
> best to do a reinstall straight as it arrives and if so is it just a
> case of putting boot cd in

I'm currently using an old Dell, and have a Dell laptop at work, both of which had little to no extra stuff onboard when it was shipped, just the usual Dell specific helpfiles and gubbins, the sort of intro software you get from any brand name PC builder...

You can get rid of it pretty easily using the Add/Remove programmes, but its so small (a couple of meg) its only something to remove on a bored rainy day :)
Sun 22/06/03 at 13:59
Regular
does any1 have a dell pc i hear they put loads of crap on it that you dont need is this easy to remove by add remove programmes or is it best to do a reinstall straight as it arrives and if so is it just a case of putting boot cd in

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.