GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 and it's games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/01 at 03:08
Regular
I believe Playstation 2 is the greatest computer that is out now. Although I do not have a PS2, I have seen the graphics and I am very impressed in the improvement Sony has made from its last console "Playstation".
Having said this there is disappointment that brings tears to my eyes(Joke), there are not enough games out and I don't want to buy the console just yet because the games that are out now I don't really find them interesting, so if I had a PS2 I would leave it in the corner until the games I like come out and that would take long, I know time passes fast but the problem is I am so impatient when it comes to computer games.
The games that I am really looking forward to play are:

1) Final Fantasy X
2) Final Fantasy XI
3) Metal Gear Solid 2

I have seen a few previews of these games and I am amazed by how the graphics look and the amount of detail that was created.

"Metal Gear Solid 2"

There are many games that I have seen and I thought to myself that they are the best but having seen this game I was astonished. I believe that many people will by this game as soon as it comes out but the question is will it be good as it looks?

What do you think?
Fri 03/04/09 at 21:04
Regular
"AKA: MuMtOuChEr"
Share your Specs, Gear tips and anything else useful here.
Bubble Hearth.. oh wait. Bubble SPANK!
Tue 13/02/01 at 18:22
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I'll 2'nd that!
Mon 12/02/01 at 20:51
"High polygon count"
Yeah, MGS2 shuld be a killer game.

I'll be getting ZOE because it looks like a hell of a game, but to be honest, I'd probably buy it for the MGS2 demo even if ZOE was a stinker!
Mon 12/02/01 at 20:43
Regular
I read PSM2 and PSW, and on the front of their latest magazines, they both say stuff like "we`ve played it". When you look inside, you discover that they mean MGS2. Each of the writers starts off saying that they were worried that the gameplay wouldn`t match the looks (Bouncer style), and they then say the following:
"It doesn`t play as well as we had hoped for, it plays much much better". So I wouldn`t worry about the playability of MGS2. You`ll also be able to learn more upon the release of Z.O.E. which will have the MGS2 demo. With this, all doubt will be cast aside.
Mon 12/02/01 at 19:11
Regular
I agree that there are some cracking launch games. Even Ridge Racer V with its criticised graphics is an adrenaline rush while Timesplitters and SSX are brill.

however, I'd advise you pop down to Blockbuster Video where you can rent psx2 games, typically £3.75 for 48 hours, a very cheap way of seeing if you like a game.

Sat 10/02/01 at 11:46
Regardless of what everybody else says, there were some really good launch titles, like TimeSplitters and SSX. Oni is out now, and I'm getting it because it is brilliant. Also, if you like Star Wars or any other space-games, StarFighter is coming out in just a couple of weeks!

So you see, there are good games that will keep you going, the problem is the lack of choice... well it dosen't bother me.
Sat 10/02/01 at 03:08
I believe Playstation 2 is the greatest computer that is out now. Although I do not have a PS2, I have seen the graphics and I am very impressed in the improvement Sony has made from its last console "Playstation".
Having said this there is disappointment that brings tears to my eyes(Joke), there are not enough games out and I don't want to buy the console just yet because the games that are out now I don't really find them interesting, so if I had a PS2 I would leave it in the corner until the games I like come out and that would take long, I know time passes fast but the problem is I am so impatient when it comes to computer games.
The games that I am really looking forward to play are:

1) Final Fantasy X
2) Final Fantasy XI
3) Metal Gear Solid 2

I have seen a few previews of these games and I am amazed by how the graphics look and the amount of detail that was created.

"Metal Gear Solid 2"

There are many games that I have seen and I thought to myself that they are the best but having seen this game I was astonished. I believe that many people will by this game as soon as it comes out but the question is will it be good as it looks?

What do you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.