GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In memorandum..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/10/06 at 12:43
Regular
"..."
It seems like these days, most weeks can't go by without a wrestler or wrestling personality dying. So this is the thread where we will mark any passings which occur.

To get the ball rolling:-

Former WCW pro wrestler Joseph Magliano, who went by the ring name "Joey Maggs" for a long time in the company in the 1990s, passed away earlier today.

No other information is available at this time.

I remember seeing this guy, mostly jobbing on WCW Worldwide in the 90's. RIP Joey.
Sun 17/06/07 at 22:34
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Went to a Chickfight event today and they had the ten bell in memory thing for Sherri, was a nice touch. Was worried that my mobile was gonna go off durin the silence tho!
Sun 17/06/07 at 15:57
"LOLLERSKATES!"
There's a nice blog from Marty Janetty about Sherri, and I wonder how Shawn is taking it.
Sat 16/06/07 at 14:23
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Sensational Sherri is the latest one to add to this ever growing list.

No details as of yet but she was only 49.

RIP :(
Wed 21/02/07 at 20:05
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> :( RIP Mike
Tue 20/02/07 at 09:11
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
:( RIP Mike
Mon 19/02/07 at 21:07
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
The latest name is Mike Awesome, who apparently killed himself (was found hanging by friends). Quite a shock really, he announced his retirement about this time last year but was more than capable of continuing if he wanted/needed to.
I'm sure more details will become apparent in the coming days.
Mon 23/10/06 at 12:25
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> Even stranger Tom Spear isn't Corpral Kirchners real name and
> he's currently working as a truck driver round the US!

Ahhhhahhhahahaha. XD
Sat 21/10/06 at 21:26
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Smedlos wrote:
> Source: WWE.com
>
> Former WWE Superstar Thomas Spear, professionally known as
> Corporal Kirchner, passed away of natural causes Sunday in his
> home in White Marsh, Md. He is survived by his two sons,
> daughter and step-daughter, as well as two grandchildren.
>
> A Vietnam veteran, Kirchner is known for defending his country
> in the ring as well as out. He is not only revered as one of
> sports-entertainment’s toughest competitors, but also one of its
> greatest patriots.
>
> In the early 1980s, Kirchner was a close protégé
> of another patriot, former WWE Champion and Hall of Famer Sgt.
> Slaughter. Perhaps one of Kirchner’s most celebrated victories
> took place at WrestleMania 2 where he defeated WWE Hall of Famer
> Nikolai Volkoff in a Flag Match.

>
> Another former wrestler passes away but this time it appears as
> if it is natural causes. Can't say I remember him much but I do
> remember his match at WM2 probably because it was a flag match.
>
>
> RIP.

In some rather bizarre mix up WWE got this round their necks and Corpral Kirchner is alive and well.

Apparently someone called Tom Spear died and WWE thought it was him.

Even stranger Tom Spear isn't Corpral Kirchners real name and he's currently working as a truck driver round the US!
Fri 20/10/06 at 09:04
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Source: WWE.com

Former WWE Superstar Thomas Spear, professionally known as Corporal Kirchner, passed away of natural causes Sunday in his home in White Marsh, Md. He is survived by his two sons, daughter and step-daughter, as well as two grandchildren.

A Vietnam veteran, Kirchner is known for defending his country in the ring as well as out. He is not only revered as one of sports-entertainment’s toughest competitors, but also one of its greatest patriots.

In the early 1980s, Kirchner was a close protégé of another patriot, former WWE Champion and Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter. Perhaps one of Kirchner’s most celebrated victories took place at WrestleMania 2 where he defeated WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff in a Flag Match.

Another former wrestler passes away but this time it appears as if it is natural causes. Can't say I remember him much but I do remember his match at WM2 probably because it was a flag match.

RIP.
Mon 16/10/06 at 13:14
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Only 37 as well shame.

Unfortunately I can see this list growing as wrestlers push themselves and their bodies too far for the business.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.