GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yeah Yeah Yeahs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/06/03 at 17:07
Regular
Now the second single's getting some airplay, and I'm getting the album. The two songs are great, they're like a White Stripes, only this time fronted by a woman. Short, sharp fun songs. It's great. Thoughts on the band?
Thu 19/06/03 at 17:07
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Now the second single's getting some airplay, and I'm getting the album. The two songs are great, they're like a White Stripes, only this time fronted by a woman. Short, sharp fun songs. It's great. Thoughts on the band?
Thu 19/06/03 at 17:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Like their music, but the singer's voice gets on my nerves every once in a while. And she looks like Beaker from the Muppets. And dresses like a Joey.
Thu 19/06/03 at 17:33
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I can't stand them. Karen O's voice is the most annoying in the history of the universe. People who can't sing just shout nowadays, and it sells, why is that?
Thu 19/06/03 at 18:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I liked "Bang Bang", but only because Radio 1 played it non-stop until they realised what she was actually singing in the chorus.
But for 3 weeks, Sarah "stroke-victim voice" Cox, Chris Moyles, Jo Whiley et al played it non-stop as record of the week.

And the chorus?
"As a son, you suck. The bigger, the better. As a son, you suck"

On Radio 1. Bwahahahahaha.
Almost as funny as "Killing in the name of" being played unedited by Simon Mayo at 9am one weekday.
Thu 19/06/03 at 18:15
Regular
"I'm Great."
From what I've heard from them I like . Not too bad at all.
Thu 19/06/03 at 19:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> Sarah "stroke-victim voice" Cox

God, when she sounds really rough they should ban her from going on air. Her gutteral ramblings make me feel physically sick.
Thu 19/06/03 at 19:35
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
They're pretty good. I'm in consideration of getting the album.
Thu 19/06/03 at 21:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They sound all right, but when you listen the note patterns are really simple. If I had the idea for their music, I would seriously not give it a second thought before binning it.

And when you see the singer live it's plain embarassing. Especially on Jooools Holland. "Who do you like minor famous celebrity?" "I'm a pretty big fan of everyone in the room" "What a surprise!".

Anyway, they're reet.
Thu 19/06/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Eezeepeezeezeepeeze"
She's pretty, and Gabbo. You sir, are a fool (and someone who likes the vines can't really criticise musical taste).

Their music is simple yes, but her voice is nice, as are the tunes.

Better than standard pop.
Fri 20/06/03 at 01:04
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Melancholy wrote:
> She's pretty, and Gabbo. You sir, are a fool (and someone who likes
> the vines can't really criticise musical taste).

I'm a fool? I'm not a fool, I appreciate it when I can see musical talent. I like Radiohead, Thom Yorke has an amazing voice and the tunes are spot on, I like Counting Crows, Adam's voice is superb and the lyrics are truely amazing, but what do they have. They have standard tunes with annoying vocals, at least the vines have some originality about them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.