GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you own these then rate these (DVDS)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/06/03 at 10:32
Regular
Dirty Harry DVD Collection (5 disc boxset)
The Spagettii Westerns Boxset (Inlcudes A Fist Full Of Dollars, A Fist Full Of Dollas more and The Good The Bad And The Ugly)
Quentin Tarantino DVD Collection(inlcudes Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs)
The French Connection 1 + 2 (Special Edition 3 discs)
Sopranos series 2 DVD boxset
Sopranos series 3 DVD boxset
Trainspotting The Definitive Edition
Spooks Complete Season 1
Bruce Lee DVDs (The Way Of The Dragon, Game Of Death etc)

These are the DVDS Im probably going to buy the Sopranos DVD boxset I will with out a doubt I'd like your opinion on these DVD someones bound to own some listed above thanks.

The only DVDs I own are

Die Another Day (the extras were a real disapiontment)
Robocop Trilogy
The Osbournes series 1
True Romance (directors cut 2 discs)
Termanator 2 Judgement Day The Ultimate DVD (2 disc limited edition tin packaging)
Blade
Sopranos series 1 DVD boxset
Training Day
Thu 19/06/03 at 16:21
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Get the Tarantino collection and the Bruce Lee DVDs (Game of Death, Way of the Dragon, Fist of Fury, Big Boss, Game of Death 2 - in that order).
Thu 19/06/03 at 15:54
Regular
Get the Tarantino Collection.
All of you.
Then watch it.
And weep at it's greatness.
Thu 19/06/03 at 15:29
Regular
"That's right!"
Dirty Harry DVD Collection (5 disc boxset) - I've been thinking about getting this. I liked Magnum Force. Get it.
Quentin Tarantino DVD Collection - Yeah, I have this. Good purchase, because it's cheap.
Don't have the rest.

I'll rate these ones anyway, heh.

Die Another Day (the extras were a real disapiontment) - looks pants
Robocop Trilogy - Robocop 1 is great... the others aren't.
True Romance (directors cut 2 discs) - My mate lent this before I watched it... he still has it.
Termanator 2 Judgement Day The Ultimate DVD - I have the film, it's a classic. My sister and her boyfriend have this version, so I've seen it. Good extras.
Blade - Pretty good.
Thu 19/06/03 at 14:51
Regular
All the Bruce Lee DVD's that are distributed by Hong Kong Legends get a 10/10 from me.

Superb DVD's, great quality, uncut and so many extras.
Thu 19/06/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Autolocked69 wrote:

> Dirty Harry DVD Collection (5 disc boxset)

The Dirty Harry films are a bit of a mixed bag. The first one is a fantastic film, and the second one is great also, but as the series went on they slowly got worse (like the Jaws and Planet of the Apes films). If you can get the boxset fairly cheap then it's probably worth it, as big Clint is always good value in the Dirty Harry role.

> The Spagettii Westerns Boxset (Inlcudes A Fist Full Of Dollars, A Fist
> Full Of Dollas more and The Good The Bad And The Ugly)

A highly recommended purchase. Though I'm yet to own the boxset, i've seen the films loads and they're as good a Western series as they come.

> Quentin Tarantino DVD Collection(inlcudes Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown
> and Reservoir Dogs)

Again, recommeded because those Tarantino films are highly cool stuff.

> The French Connection 1 + 2 (Special Edition 3 discs)

I've only seen the second one once, but the first one is a brilliant gritty thriller with great performances and a nice car chase.

> Bruce Lee DVDs (The Way Of The Dragon, Game Of Death etc)

These can be picked up pretty cheap now, and as a fan of Lee I'd recommend them. Game of Death isn't great as it's not a finished film as I think Bruce died halfway through filming it, though the dvd does have some good extras of unfinished fight scenes in a temple (when he's wearing that yellow tracksuit).
Way of the Dragon is great stuff, as is Fists of Fury and Big Boss.
Thu 19/06/03 at 12:56
Regular
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> I dont see the die hard trilogy in your collection, why not?

Thats probably because the Die Hard Trilogy box set is pants. The only way to go with the Die Hards is the 1+2 Box set 4 disc special edition. The 3rd Die Hard is just an insult to the film industry and when you consider how brilliant the first two are you wonder thwy there was only 1 disc of special features.
Thu 19/06/03 at 12:36
Regular
"None Stored"
i got fist of fury on dvd, it's good and uncut so you see all the blood etc.
Thu 19/06/03 at 10:47
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I dont see the die hard trilogy in your collection, why not?
Thu 19/06/03 at 10:42
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Kyz22 said "Training day rocks" yeah the film is brilliant, its part gangster and part cop movie and Rap giants Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg start in the film too. Denzil Washington deserved that oscar.
Thu 19/06/03 at 10:35
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Training day rocks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.