GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beckham signs for......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 20:24
Regular
Just seen it on skysports news, and on teletext, David Beckham had signed a four year deal with Real Madrid. Real are paying Man U £21 Mil and he should be revealed as a Real player early next month....

Just read it on tv, whether its true or not......
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Colourless"
Just seen it on skysports news, and on teletext, David Beckham had signed a four year deal with Real Madrid. Real are paying Man U £21 Mil and he should be revealed as a Real player early next month....

Just read it on tv, whether its true or not......
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:26
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Sounds like a bargain. But I'm not sure if it's true.
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:27
Regular
"es argh"
:( SFX his company thingy say a deal is iminent if not concluded.

Bah.
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:29
Regular
"MADRID, June 17 (Reuters) - England captain David Beckham has agreed to sign a four year deal for Real Madrid for a transfer fee of between 25 and 30 million euros, Radio Marca said on Tuesday.

Marca say the deal will be confirmed by Manchester United and Real Madrid later on Tuesday and the player will be presented on July 2."

Off of Man Utd's official site.
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:30
Regular
"My head hurts"
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want beckham to go:'(
Wed 18/06/03 at 00:29
Regular
"None Stored"
it was confirmed on the news tonight, and apparently the fee is £5.25 million initially with another £12.25 million over the next 4 years, and then the rest (£7 million) will be dependant on how well real do in the champions league during the next four years.
Wed 18/06/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I knew Beckham would be leaving, but it came as a real surprise (no 'pun' intended!) to me to see he's signed for Real Madrid, and not an AC Milan, Juventus or even Barcelona!

How Vicente Del Bosque can see a need for David Beckham in his first-team, with Raul, Zidane, Figo and others already there, I do not know!

I doubt that even his attack-minded-self would consider adding ANOTHER attacking-midfielder to his central-4! But it seems so...

Unless he really IS planning on using "Becks" as some kind of Steve McManaman - a well-known face to replace the "somebody's" they DON'T have on their subs' bench...?

But, quite interestingly, Del Bosque has called Beckham a "complete midfielder", capabale of playing anywhere in the midfield, and that he may, perhaps, hold-down a regular-spot as a central-midfielder in the Réal side, alongside Zidane.

If Beckham does get to play centrally, I think this move will actually work-out quite well for him. With the way the game is played so differently in Spain, I wouldn't expect to see him last too-well out on the right. He just doesn't have enough "flair".
But from the centre, he can really control the game with his superb sense of passing acccuracy and vision - something he's been trying to do from the right at United, but just kept on messing things up.

But I still can't see why he chose Madrid over one of several other clubs... And I bet his wife would've been happier in Milan!

But ONLY £24.5m?? Fergie really should've tried to get another 10 out of them - and I'm sure Peter Kenyon wouldn't have minded that, either!
Paying it over 4-years is taking the mick, really, also -- and we only get £5.75m for him for this first-year - REDICULOUS!!

They've been happy-enough to spend £35m+ for the likes of Zidane and Ronaldo before hand, but they're gonna stagger this awkwardly for an Englishman.

And if transfer-funds really do become that-tight for Ferguson this Summer, United will only really have themselves to blame!
Wed 18/06/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Solskjær wrote:
> Paying it over 4-years is taking the mick, really, also -- and we only
> get £5.75m for him for this first-year - REDICULOUS!!
>

It doesn't matter when the money is paid, the full amount still appears on the balance sheet as an asset, its still available to spend on players if they should want to. All thats required from Man Utd's point of view is guarantees the money will be paid. Yes of course cash now would be worth a little more to them but in the bigger picture it doesn't matter that much to Man Utd and certainly wouldn't affect spending power.
Companies don't keep large amounts of money usually so they aren't in the position to wander down to the bank and withdraw 25 million, especially not companies of the size of football clubs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.