GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gangs Of New York"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 11:19
Regular
For those of you who care, Gangs Of New York is out on DVD on the 30th of this month. It will feature LOADS of extra stuff such as interviews, documentaries about the real gangs and a video of the soundtrack of the film 'U2 - Hands That Built America' - amongst other things.

The price of the DVD has just dropped to £15.99 at play.com - so get it preordered whilst you can.
Thu 19/06/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yeah the DVD promises to be something special, the film is fantasic and is on par with such quality films as Braveheart. The film also has a lot of history behind it, which is highlighted in the extra DVD documentaries.
Thu 19/06/03 at 10:14
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Yeah I haven't seen this film either, but Im looking foward to seeing it and Im buying the DVD when its released. Its bound to be brilliant Scorcese is one of the best directors, Taxi Driver and Goodfellas being an example of this.
Wed 18/06/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
13 days until its out

wahoo!
Wed 18/06/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Stryke wrote:
> I'll wait for the Special Edition that's bound to come out - Scorcese
> filmed 4 hours of footage, and I'll be very very surprised if we don't
> see a director's cut.
>
> Brilliant film though.

The play.com version is a special 2 disk set with loads of extra stuff, added scenes etc etc.
Tue 17/06/03 at 19:55
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Totoro wrote:
> movietyme.com have it in stock now. It's £17.99, but it'll
> arrive much earlier.
>
> Movietyme are great for getting titles early, my copy of T2: Extreme
> Edition arrived 2 weeks early, so if you want Gangs of New York
> sooner, movietyme.com is the place to go.

That's because it's the Region 1 version which regularly differ from the R2 versions sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.
Tue 17/06/03 at 14:43
Regular
But you like Frasier, so we can't take your opinion seriously ;)
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:46
"I love yo... lamp."
I found it a bit underwhelming.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:39
Regular
I'll wait for the Special Edition that's bound to come out - Scorcese filmed 4 hours of footage, and I'll be very very surprised if we don't see a director's cut.

Brilliant film though.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:00
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
movietyme.com have it in stock now. It's £17.99, but it'll arrive much earlier.

Movietyme are great for getting titles early, my copy of T2: Extreme Edition arrived 2 weeks early, so if you want Gangs of New York sooner, movietyme.com is the place to go.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yep, I'm getting it. Missed it at the cinema so I'm more than eager to see it on DVD, and it's out a day early in the UK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.