GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Films to games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/02/01 at 14:50
Regular
Oh yeah, I remember, we've already done this topic.

Okay then, how about cartoons to games?

Some cartoons have been done before. There have been a couple of Simpsons games. The Rugrats have had a game or too. Even Scooby Doo is on his way.

But what else?

And I'm not talking about the cartoons that the poor kids of today have to put up with either. I'm talking about the classics!

Would anyone like to see a Dungeons and Dragons game? You could play as any of the kids with their special weapons. It would be great!

Transformers? What potential!

He-Man. Again, so many different characters you could play as and meet!

And who wouldn't relish the opportunity to play as Captain Caveman?
(Can't post this without mentioning Duck Tales on the NES. Surely the greatest cartoon game conversion yet!)
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:50
Regular
"not dead"
Oh yeah, I remember, we've already done this topic.

Okay then, how about cartoons to games?

Some cartoons have been done before. There have been a couple of Simpsons games. The Rugrats have had a game or too. Even Scooby Doo is on his way.

But what else?

And I'm not talking about the cartoons that the poor kids of today have to put up with either. I'm talking about the classics!

Would anyone like to see a Dungeons and Dragons game? You could play as any of the kids with their special weapons. It would be great!

Transformers? What potential!

He-Man. Again, so many different characters you could play as and meet!

And who wouldn't relish the opportunity to play as Captain Caveman?
(Can't post this without mentioning Duck Tales on the NES. Surely the greatest cartoon game conversion yet!)
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Tom and Jerry is out on the PSX.

Mickey Mouse arrived on the MegaDrive (Castle of Illusion, hours of fun).

Tarzan, Bugs Life, Antz, most Disney cartoons are making the transition.

Not my cup of tea, though.
Fri 09/02/01 at 15:10
"Darkness, always"
meka_dragon wrote:

Would
> anyone like to see a Dungeons and Dragons game? You could play as
> any of the kids with their special weapons. It would be
> great!

The Dungeons and Dragons cartoon was based on the board games. And there are already dozens of computer games based on them;

Baldur's Gate;
Icewind Dale;
Planesape Torment;
Neverwinter Nights.

These games make no secret of being Dungeons ands Dragons games.

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 17:50
Regular
I'm sorry to say this... but Disney is just a money making machine now, nothing like what it used to be.

I noticed as I strided through the gates of Dixons yesterday, Dinosaur, the latest "work" from Disney wrapped up in a huge price tag and sold as a *game*.

I admire the directors of The Matrix, because if you look at The Matrix, it would make the perfect game, and they stood of making a hell of a lot of money from just releasing a box full of crap like Disney did.

Shiny are now making the game, some two years on since the film was first shown, and hopefully work will actually be put into it.

I'm not saying the game will be good because it isn't being released at the same time as the movie, but at least Shiny and the directing brothers aren't after money.
Fri 09/02/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Whatever!"
More Simpsons games needed!!

Great to see the Looney Tunes getting recognition. A Dungeons and Dragons cartoon game would be great!!
Remember Peanuts?? Inforgrammes have just got the rights to develop Peanut based titles!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.