GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Ten!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/02/01 at 13:34
Regular
There's quite a few 'newbies' on these days, and they seem to be a little lost as to how to win Gameaday, so if they just read my top ten tips for winning Gameaday, they'd do just fine!

TOP TEN TIPS FOR WINNING GAMEADAY

10: Title your post FUTURE OF GAMING. Do not use an original title.

9: Put ceratin words in CAPITALS. It makes what YOU say look MORE important.

8: Exclamation marks work as multipliers, eg Nintendo Rules!!!! is a more powerful statement than Ninteno rules!

7: Write about which consoles you think are better, but only regarding consoles that you haven't played.

6: Review games that you haven't played, or that haven't even been released yet.

5: Be a zealot. Hate all consoles other than your own. defend your opinion strongly.

4: Don't ever use paragraphs. A large block of text looks like you've worked on it harder. As no one will bother to read it, we might just assume it's good.

3: If you haven't won within a week post lots of messages complaiing as to how unfair it is.

2: Post a new game idea on the Future Of Gaming forum. Make sure that it already is a game for some old system.

And the number 1 way to win a game...

1: Remember it's quantity over quality! Just post loads of stuff! Don't bother trying to write something original, witty or well written. It's a waste of time!

Any further tips?
Fri 09/02/01 at 20:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
16) If you want to be a Winner, you may have to be a Sinner.
Fri 09/02/01 at 20:55
Regular
Shouldn't that be "To be haste, copy and paste"?

Makes more sense... :=D
Fri 09/02/01 at 20:53
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
15) Save the haste, copy and paste. ;-)
Fri 09/02/01 at 19:45
Regular
14) Ask why Ali hasn't updated yet.
Fri 09/02/01 at 19:44
Regular
"One can only assume that this is more a guide to how to NOT win gameaday!!!!!!!!!"

So why use all those exclamation marks?
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:23
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Alex Kidd wrote:
> Rite yor messidg funeticly. Rite liyk U speek. Get down wit dat
> fing!

11)Yeah, use netspeak. It makes u look like u kno ur stuff.

12)Argue zealously in favour of something everyone already agrees with, but thought to obvious to mention.

13)Try to ask if you can have some of the unclaimed games, or ask someone who has one 4+ times if you can have theirs, because they don't really need it.
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:22
"Darkness, always"
One can only assume that this is more a guide to how to NOT win gameaday!!!!!!!!! If it was otherwise then perhaps your ideas wouldn't sound a bit obnoxious. However, I have been practising your sorcerers ways and although I cannot entitle this post 'the future of gaming' I CAN at least use some of your other advice. WHY? Because my PC is much BETTER than any console in the world, so you can all shut up. Do you hear me? Will all the CONSOLE owners please SHUT UP, please SHUT UP, please SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! Etc, etc. Invaluable advice, cheers Meka_Jedirobeman

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:14
Rite yor messidg funeticly. Rite liyk U speek. Get down wit dat fing!
Fri 09/02/01 at 13:49
"High polygon count"
Be rude and abusive to newbies, and whine if they win and you don't.
Fri 09/02/01 at 13:44
Regular
"You've upset me"
lol meka

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.