GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX VS GAMECUBE!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/02/01 at 12:56
Regular
This topic has seem to rise since these two machines have been introduced to the gaming world, but lets cut the introductions and get down to the real question. Xbox or gameube? Who will be better. Having the evidence of both consoles we can actually see what the future holds for these two. The xbox being widely popular to the million dollar company of microsoft can already be said to hold its own. The gamecube having the extensive quality seal of nintendo which has been out for a while now also holds its own. It's going to be a tough fight to see who will win this, but resources point to basically a even chance of both selling about the same, but there are a couple of problems that have risen among fans of both the xbox and gamecube on this discussion. The gamecube has the dreamy graphics and is said to be the best, but will the gamecube make all of those kiddy games once again? Like banjo kazooie, glover, or diddy kong racing? The nintendo has also won some hit titles don't get me wrong such as wwf no mercy, zelda majora's mask, etc. The question is will the gamecube get cuddly like its earlier console? The xbox having the great quality of microsoft and having even celebrities mention its satisfaction is on the rise as well, but fans point to similar problems. Will the xbox crash like a normal computer or freeze? Or is the xbox is just a talk the talk, but no walk the walk? Of course like the gamecube we have already seen the out of this world brutal graphics and games already, but in the future which console will win? The classic quality of the uprising gamecube or the new sleek black microsoft project the xbox? Who will win?
Fri 09/02/01 at 12:56
This topic has seem to rise since these two machines have been introduced to the gaming world, but lets cut the introductions and get down to the real question. Xbox or gameube? Who will be better. Having the evidence of both consoles we can actually see what the future holds for these two. The xbox being widely popular to the million dollar company of microsoft can already be said to hold its own. The gamecube having the extensive quality seal of nintendo which has been out for a while now also holds its own. It's going to be a tough fight to see who will win this, but resources point to basically a even chance of both selling about the same, but there are a couple of problems that have risen among fans of both the xbox and gamecube on this discussion. The gamecube has the dreamy graphics and is said to be the best, but will the gamecube make all of those kiddy games once again? Like banjo kazooie, glover, or diddy kong racing? The nintendo has also won some hit titles don't get me wrong such as wwf no mercy, zelda majora's mask, etc. The question is will the gamecube get cuddly like its earlier console? The xbox having the great quality of microsoft and having even celebrities mention its satisfaction is on the rise as well, but fans point to similar problems. Will the xbox crash like a normal computer or freeze? Or is the xbox is just a talk the talk, but no walk the walk? Of course like the gamecube we have already seen the out of this world brutal graphics and games already, but in the future which console will win? The classic quality of the uprising gamecube or the new sleek black microsoft project the xbox? Who will win?
Fri 09/02/01 at 13:01
Regular
"not dead"
See that rather large key on your keyboard?

Just to the right of all of the letters, but left of the number pad?

It's got the word 'Enter' written on it.

Do you see it?

Try pressing it a few times next time you're going to post something.

It creates paragraphs and make much easier reading.

Now I'll read it, and tell you what I actually think of what you've written!
Fri 09/02/01 at 13:03
Regular
"not dead"
It's alright, I suppose. You're not saying anything new though.

Personally, I think they're aiming at different markets, but we'll see once the games come along.
Fri 09/02/01 at 13:15
"Darkness, always"
What is the point in comparing two different machines that don't exist? Seems like something of a pointless excercise to me.

At the moment we really have no idea what will happen. The X-Box (or whatever it may end up being called) may eventually be released with some sort of operating system software (Windows X for X-Box or something)

Nevermind the fact that the two machines are coming from two different companies that both have a different view on what home entertainment is.

MSoft thinks: Home entertainment starts with the internet, which is why windows is geared more and more towards looking like a web page.

Nintendo think: Home entertainment starts with the ability to sit down and play... and play and play. PLayability is all.

No point comparing at this stage, and even when they are released, they will, as Meka_Dragon said, be aimed at copmpletely different markets.

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 13:17
"Darkness, always"
Oh, by the way, I didn't read the original post because it is too crammed to be able to read without getting a head ache.

I know I break up my posts into maybe a few too many paras, but at least people can read mine...

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 18:02
Regular
Read what now?
Fri 09/02/01 at 19:26
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Seeing all the evidence...

So u've played the games. U know specs mean nothing! The DC has worse specs than the PS2 and is much better due to it's GAMES. Yes... big numbers mean nothing.

Anyway, I'm torn... i have a DC and can buy only one other consoles. I'll probably follow Sega's support, but am a huge nintendo fan too.
May have to get a job amd earn loads of all 3!

SonicRav
Fri 09/02/01 at 19:38
Regular
Sega have Gamecube dev kits now as well, and they've released a picture of Sonic Advance... and it looks very gettable.
Fri 09/02/01 at 20:28
Regular
Are Nintendo going to be cudderly? Of course they are if they weren't they wouldn't be Nintendo.

Yet Nintendo are now going to do both. After signing with the Horror company Silicon Knights who are creating Too Human for Gamecube and Eternal Darkness for N64. They have Retro Studios developing Metroid (classic Shoot em up), Rare are making Perfect Dark 2 probably another 18. Also Capcom has announced 2 Resident Evil games for the Gamecube (4 and 0) and Acclaim have another Turok and Shadowman on it's way.

7 games already announced and the console isn't out for a year. Nintendo will be making Pokemon, Mario and Banjo Kazzoie but expect violence aswell.

Also can X-box do well just having great specs Well NO!!!! they need to be a good games companys aswell they'll need to do more than just Flight Simulators.
Fri 09/02/01 at 20:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Last I heard the X-Box had 150 developers signed up and starting work on the software, the majority of whom are being quoted as saying how nice it is to program for.

The GameCube has a handle.

So at the moment, it's all square, but personally I fancy the X-Box, the reasons are outlined in detail on another post, so I don't wish to repeat them here for the sake of my adoring fans. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.