GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tomb Raider Legend"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tomb Raider: Legend'.
Sun 04/06/06 at 21:57
Regular
"lets go back"
I was always rubbish at Tomb Raider. The control system was always too methodical for me and I didnt seem to enjoy playing it that much and the puzzles were usually too hard for me to figure out when I was younger and probably still would be. Also Lara Croft didnt look that good in the originals and therefore couldnt live up to the schoolboy fantasies.

The lastes installment however is brilliant. Bear in mind Ive only ever previously played the first three games.

Its made by different people and they have completely overhauled the whole thing. There is no more complicated issues of having to hold down about 4 buttons just to not fall off a ledge etc.
It is a lot more simplified and, to me at least, more fun to play. Its the first games ive completed in ages. I usually get stuck on games half way through and just give up.

There are lots of secrets to unlock too if you're a hardcore gamer who wants a bigger challenge.

Id recomend it to all adventure games fans.

Tomb Raider Ledgend gets a Geffdof rating of two thumbs up!!
Mon 05/06/06 at 18:09
Regular
"lets go back"
Thats like saying Tekken (or any fighting game) is rubbish because you can complete in it 10 minutes. The first run through takes several hours then if you add in getting all the secrets and doing time trials etc there is a fair amount of play involved.

Plus you'll spend about 10 hours on the Japan level just looking at Lara.
Sun 04/06/06 at 23:54
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I played the demo on XBox Live Arcade and I agree, very impressed. Aside from the gameplay the graphics look very nice indeed, I spent a long time just panning the camera about and taking in the scenery (no, not just Lara).

On some other forums I noted that some gamers were bemoaning the fact that to complete the entire game in time-trial mode only took them 97 minutes, but I'm factoring in that it probably took them 30 hours of trial and error to nail it that fast so I reckon it's still good value for money.

It's on my 'to get' list.
Sun 04/06/06 at 21:57
Regular
"lets go back"
I was always rubbish at Tomb Raider. The control system was always too methodical for me and I didnt seem to enjoy playing it that much and the puzzles were usually too hard for me to figure out when I was younger and probably still would be. Also Lara Croft didnt look that good in the originals and therefore couldnt live up to the schoolboy fantasies.

The lastes installment however is brilliant. Bear in mind Ive only ever previously played the first three games.

Its made by different people and they have completely overhauled the whole thing. There is no more complicated issues of having to hold down about 4 buttons just to not fall off a ledge etc.
It is a lot more simplified and, to me at least, more fun to play. Its the first games ive completed in ages. I usually get stuck on games half way through and just give up.

There are lots of secrets to unlock too if you're a hardcore gamer who wants a bigger challenge.

Id recomend it to all adventure games fans.

Tomb Raider Ledgend gets a Geffdof rating of two thumbs up!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.