GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Planetarion.com helpline"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/02/01 at 11:37
Regular
No, I'm not the helpline, I was just wondering if anyone knows the quickest way to build up in the game. I'm not sure, but I think I may have started in a galaxy that is unfriendly towards newbies fo some reason, so I need power to repel arrogant assaults.

Anyone got any advice?

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 11:37
"Darkness, always"
No, I'm not the helpline, I was just wondering if anyone knows the quickest way to build up in the game. I'm not sure, but I think I may have started in a galaxy that is unfriendly towards newbies fo some reason, so I need power to repel arrogant assaults.

Anyone got any advice?

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:31
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yes, don't ever use bleach instead of mouthwash.
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
When you light a match, always strike AWAY from your body.
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:42
"Darkness, always"
Yes, I suppose someone will now tell me never to spit into the wind, aren't you all so very, very funny....

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:42
Regular
"not dead"
FantasyMeisteŽ wrote:
> When you light a match, always strike AWAY from your body.

Likewise when sharpening sticks with knives.

On the subject of Planetarion, I got bored of it within a week or so.

Couldn't be bothered to read the rules, objective, or user guide though, so I didn't really know what I was doing!
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:46
"Darkness, always"
meka_dragon wrote:

Couldn't be bothered to read the rules, objective, or
> user guide though, so I didn't really know what I was doing!

Well I have 7.5 hours a day to waste in the office, so I know what I am doing, I just don't know how to do it...

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 15:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Start research on waves and mining, for every 5 wave amps you build you can do an asteroid scan which will always work if you keep up this 5:1 ratio.

Try to keep your score to roid ratio at AT LEAST 7000:1

Always mail all the members of your galaxy with a 'hello I am new' message, you get lots of donations that way.

Mail your GC and request any tips or orders, GC's like that kind of thing.

Mail your MoC and say 'Hi, I'm new! Any instructions?' MoC's are like Corporals, no brains but like getting their boots shined, more donations should be forthcoming.

Build a MASSIVE PDS, loads of turrets (600 laser/600 EMP), but get ships too, the more interceptors you build the higher your score. Interceptors and Spiders do the same job as laser turrets and EMP's, but they are mobile, so better.

Never place a plastic bag over your head and take a deep breath, this doesn't help you to play Planetarion.

And never juggle with bags of the type of acid you use to clean Rotring pens that are used for technical drawing, if the bag splits open, it hurts.

That last tip was from Free Fingered Freddie.
Fri 09/02/01 at 15:13
"Darkness, always"
At last a (semi) serious message on the subject.

So what you are saying in short is to kiss butt and hope everyone gives me money...

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 15:14
"Darkness, always"
One question though, is it just me, or is the only wayc to gain 'roids to attack someone and steal theirs??

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 15:22
Regular
"smile, it's free"
No, that's not the only way.
You can also use roid scans as FM mentioned somewhere in the first sentence of his post.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.