GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Our legal system is a joke!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/06/03 at 23:12
Regular
Read the pos**t about Tony Martin below and totally agree - well said lads

But also a women who went on holiday succeeded in her claim for compensation because her holiday to barbados cos**ting £88,000 was ruined due to it raining, the swimming pool being too small, the dining table being too big and the butler being sh*t apart from being able to make a good exotic drink of some kind. She got £25,000.

This is a joke. If everyone who had sh*t holidays claims then the courts would be overcrowded

Your thoughts?
Mon 16/06/03 at 08:55
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
In criminal cases in the UK, that's not yet the case (though give it time...). In civil cases though, it's getting there...
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Wobble"
Light wrote:
> Having been naive upon becoming a solicitor, I was extremely shocked
> to find that the legal system is not, in fact, run in the best
> interests of justice. It is in fact ran for the benefit of the legal
> profession.

Indeed.

Justice is no longer about who is right or who is wrong, who is guilty or who is innocent.

It's about who can afford the best lawyers.

Example: OJ Simpson
Sun 15/06/03 at 18:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Having been naive upon becoming a solicitor, I was extremely shocked to find that the legal system is not, in fact, run in the best interests of justice. It is in fact ran for the benefit of the legal profession.

That said, just because this little toerag can sue, doesn't mean he'll win. All they're saying is that he CAN sue. Under most rules of equity, a criminal cannot profit from his crime, and it would be inequitable for this one to do so. In retort, the plaintiff will probably say that Tony Martin committed a crime and so the runt can have compensation. But then you could say that his crime was a direct result of the scumsuckers crime, and therefore he was contributarily negligent to the value of 100% of any compensation.

Says me.
Sat 14/06/03 at 10:10
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
You seen the Heineken advert thats set in America? It's so funny - they all sue each other. Just like real life.
Sat 14/06/03 at 10:06
Regular
"8==="
Counter-law suit.
Counter-counter lawsuit.
Counter-counter-counter lawsuit.

Ever wonder if a big multi-national company actually went and sued a company, only to find out it was suing itself?

One of the big film company's (who owns Atari) used to make a lot of money of threatening to sue and getting out of court settlements instead. Nintendo stuffed them by refusing to settle. The flim company went to court over Donkey Kong claiming that it infringed upon King Kong. However in court they found out that they'd never got round to copyrighting the name King kong. Doh!

This company owned/owns Atari. They had no clue about the industry they were getting into when they bought Atari. When the market slowed down they ended up producing twice as many game carts/disks/tapes as were needed and really killed themselves.

Bit of film/game history for you.
Sat 14/06/03 at 09:40
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I'm suing you for making this post.

Lol.

My dad has this fence running around the garden and the people who's garden backs onto ours are digging their garden out, if they dig out the land next to the fence it will collapse as it is held in by concrete posts buried into the land. My dad warned them about this and they ignored him. He said he will wait until it collapses and sue them!

I reckon this is justified, but in America they would be suing us for painting the fence brown and claiming it was a racist sign. Probably.
Sat 14/06/03 at 07:07
Regular
"8==="
The legal system is just a serious game. A game played with people's lives.
One day you win the next you lose, two similar trials can get completely opposite results. Sometimes it's luck of the draw, it really is.

The stock market is just a serious game too.
Fri 13/06/03 at 23:14
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Yeah, much better in Texas. You can legally shoot someone on your property if you believe they mean you harm.

But worse in the US for everyone suing everyone, it will be like that here soon.
Fri 13/06/03 at 23:12
Regular
Read the pos**t about Tony Martin below and totally agree - well said lads

But also a women who went on holiday succeeded in her claim for compensation because her holiday to barbados cos**ting £88,000 was ruined due to it raining, the swimming pool being too small, the dining table being too big and the butler being sh*t apart from being able to make a good exotic drink of some kind. She got £25,000.

This is a joke. If everyone who had sh*t holidays claims then the courts would be overcrowded

Your thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.