GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Show me your moves."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/03/09 at 16:11
Regular
How long before it is okay to move in on a girl after they get out of a relationship? Bear in mind, she has been going out with this guy for a few years. Have any of you dealt with this before?

Is it even ok? (This is for you to talk about, I don't care)
Consider, I've just been patiently waiting for an opportunity to make a move when I'm supposed to be a "friend".

Alfonse
Thu 26/03/09 at 21:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
SickOfBeingAlfonse wrote:
> Hahaha, believe me when I say I don't have any real friends.
>
> F**k it, I'll just ask her to watch Watchmen with me, if she
> says no then I'll just go steady with the girl I'm seeing now.
> Lol, go steaddy.

Dude,don't do Watchmen for a date film.I got a week of serious earache after it and i'm married !.As a first date movie it'll be game over for sure.Besides,its actually not that good TBH and it goes on forever.Do Bolt or Monsters Vs Aliens.Basically something thats short and fun (Watchmen is neither).Good luck,whatever you decide.
Thu 26/03/09 at 20:36
Regular
Hahaha, believe me when I say I don't have any real friends.

F**k it, I'll just ask her to watch Watchmen with me, if she says no then I'll just go steady with the girl I'm seeing now.
Lol, go steaddy.

Oh and strange fact, any girl I've ever actually wanted to be just friends with had ended up liking me. What a grim life.
Thu 26/03/09 at 18:08
Regular
"Monochromatic"
> How long before it is okay to move in on a girl after they get
> out of a relationship?

Well if you're me you just get in there before and kind of finish it off!... anyway... depending on the girl at least a month I'd say.

> Is it even ok? (This is for you to talk about, I don't care)
> Consider, I've just been patiently waiting for an opportunity to
> make a move when I'm supposed to be a "friend".

If you're properly a friend to her you've got no chance. I've been there and got crushed due to them not being able to get past that point. I personally wouldn't make a move, I think if you can turn yourself into that go-to person for her then she'll either see you as more or she won't. Someone said try acting cool, I disagree. If you're cold when she starts looking for someone else she won't even consider you.
Thu 26/03/09 at 15:21
Regular
ButchML wrote:
> pb wrote:
> Just ask her straight out.
>
> "So, are you ready for another relationship as I want to
> get jiggy?" should do it.
>
> ...or not.
>
> This
>
> If a girl said that to me, regardless of how long single I was,
> it would work!

My brain doesn't allow a girl to say the words "get jiggy" in this context. It'd scare me.
Thu 26/03/09 at 14:31
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
pb wrote:
> Just ask her straight out.
>
> "So, are you ready for another relationship as I want to
> get jiggy?" should do it.
>
> ...or not.

This

If a girl said that to me, regardless of how long single I was, it would work!
Thu 26/03/09 at 12:09
"possibly impossible"
Just ask her straight out.

"So, are you ready for another relationship as I want to get jiggy?" should do it.

...or not.
Thu 26/03/09 at 11:57
Regular
"Mooching around"
I had this exact thing, except she was also my ex girlfriend from a few more years back.

We did actually get back together for like a week, then I realised why we broke up in the first place :)

But anyways, I found a month maybe two minimum.
Wed 25/03/09 at 17:00
Regular
> How long before it is okay to move in on a girl after they get
> out of a relationship? Bear in mind, she has been going out with
> this guy for a few years. Have any of you dealt with this
> before?
>
> Is it even ok? (This is for you to talk about, I don't care)
> Consider, I've just been patiently waiting for an opportunity to
> make a move when I'm supposed to be a "friend".
>
> Alfonse

Argh, relationship stuff eh... well here's some advice from a married man so take this advice however you like, good or bad :D This is all opinion-based anyway so you'll probably get all sorts of advice.

I think it'll depend on the person and the circumstance. Is she realllly upset about it all? Did she end it?

Ideally you don't really want to be a 'rebound' either... don't become too much of a friend! Once you fall into that category there's no hope :(

I would play it really cool and let her come to you more. It'll be harder for you to do so but I think it'll be the best way. Give her a week or so to get over it maybe, then be slightly suggestive, then give her time to consider ... That's how I'd probably handle it.

Easy to talk to - slightly harder to get ;) Dont make her sound like you're not interested though, just be 'mysterious'. Lol.

Anyway I could have gone home five minutes ago..! *goes*

edit: hope that was helpful, lol.

I think I'm the only one brave enough to post.
Wed 25/03/09 at 16:11
Regular
How long before it is okay to move in on a girl after they get out of a relationship? Bear in mind, she has been going out with this guy for a few years. Have any of you dealt with this before?

Is it even ok? (This is for you to talk about, I don't care)
Consider, I've just been patiently waiting for an opportunity to make a move when I'm supposed to be a "friend".

Alfonse

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.