GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Transformers The Movie - or is it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 18:35
Regular
hum. There's a DVD out there at £4.99 that says Transformers: The Movie on it. Problem is, the front cover and the scenes on the back make it look like its a different film to the 'proper' movie. Is this the same one or something different altogether?

Well, I'll probably be able to let you all know when my copy comes from Cdwow, at least I didn't have to pay for it, I got it with ipoints, but if it's different then it could be a dissapointment for loads of people who buy it, thinking they're going to get the original with Orson Wells as Unicron, Eric Idle, et al.

Anyone else picked up the cheap DVD?
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:13
"possibly impossible"
Judah Ben-Hur wrote:
> I points?
>
> Explain

www.ipoints.com

Join - buy things through the site from famous shops such as WHSmiths, Amazon etc - get free ipoints for filling in surveys - collect 100 ipoints for any £6.99 DVD from cdwow.

Clear? Good
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
I points?

Explain
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Back For Good"
ManicMyna wrote:
> Resevilfan 2.0 wrote:
> ever heard of the BBFC? running times will be different due to what
> the britsh censor lets through for the classifaction a movie
> distributor is asking for

yes i have, they're the people responsible for those "when you choose or watch a video, you need to know that the video you choose will be suitable for the audience at home" adverts *yawn*
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:07
"possibly impossible"
It is, I watched it the other day and it's the same film. The cheaper version doesn't have any extras, bar a trailer, though.

Basically, you pay £4.99 for Transformers the movie on DVD and that's what you get!
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:08
Regular
"I'm Great."
Both of them are PAL versions so it could just be what I said. I think it is, personally.
Mon 23/06/03 at 17:32
Regular
Not only that but NTSC runs at a slower rate than PAL. So some films can be a few minutes shorter when in NTSC, but they're actually not just they're running faster...or is it the other way round....*head explodes*
Mon 23/06/03 at 15:16
Regular
"oaps.org"
Resevilfan 2.0 wrote:

> If you compare any films that are in region 2 (PAL) to those that are
> in region 1 (NTSC) all running times are different.

ever heard of the BBFC? running times will be different due to what the britsh censor lets through for the classifaction a movie distributor is asking for
Mon 23/06/03 at 14:57
Regular
"Back For Good"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> It is rated as an U but mine is P.G. This one could version in which
> Spike does not say "S**t" ( they released two differnt
> versions for some reason). This could be why the run time is down to
> 85 mins and not 86 mins, as is my version that I own.

I bet you anything there are exactly the same regardless of length, Films that are encoded in NTSC are longer than those encoded in PAL, If you compare any films that are in region 2 (PAL) to those that are in region 1 (NTSC) all running times are different.
Wed 11/06/03 at 19:46
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, haven't got mine through yet, but saw it in the shop the other day. Hopefully it won't be long now, though cdwow tend to take that little bit longer to send stuff.

Bargain price, then, for anyone who hasn't still got this on DVD...
Wed 11/06/03 at 15:13
Regular
"I'm Great."
I just had a look on another site and it does mention Unicron in the description so I would say that it is the movie with Lenord Nimoy, Orsen wells, etc... It also has the episode of Takara that I mentioned to. Same price as what you said too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.