GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ideal player"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/02/01 at 22:09
Regular
HI,

I've been swung by the brilliance of DVD, and have firmly decided to purchase a player, so instead of buying Resesvoir dogs, Clockwork Orange and many other greats on VHS, i have decided to wait untill i get my DVD, and get them for that, so can anybody recommend a good player, bearing in mind my budget is around £250.

thanks alot,

ROB
Wed 07/02/01 at 22:09
"Moderator"
HI,

I've been swung by the brilliance of DVD, and have firmly decided to purchase a player, so instead of buying Resesvoir dogs, Clockwork Orange and many other greats on VHS, i have decided to wait untill i get my DVD, and get them for that, so can anybody recommend a good player, bearing in mind my budget is around £250.

thanks alot,

ROB
Thu 08/02/01 at 09:35
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Easy.

If you want a manually selectable multiregion player get an LG 3350 or Aiwa 370 (both are the same apart from the designs and the LG has a DD decoder). Both are hackable from the handset. Both give better pictures than than all the big names bar Toshiba.

If you don't want imported discs then get a Toshiba SD100 - one of the best machines for picture and sound quality you can buy at ANY price. This can be chipped to be multiregion but you still can't manually select the region so a couple of problem discs (RCE encoded) like The Patriot and Hollow Man won't work (so you'd have to wait for the official releases). This seems to have been all but given up on so the Tosh is probably a safe bet now.

Have a read around the forums at www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk to back me up.

Hope this helps.
Thu 08/02/01 at 09:38
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Forgot prices....

LG 3350 - £250
Aiwa 370 - £200 (stock is short though)
Tosh 100 - £200

All can be found cheaper on the net (no surprise there). The Tosh can be bought multiregion for £200 so if you got that then get a pre-chipped one just in case you chancge your mind.
Thu 08/02/01 at 11:02
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
SR put a new one on their UKDVD.com site the other day, I think its called the Phototrend or something. It's £190, multi-region and it says that it allows DVD back up to tape, which if that is what I think it is, is wicked! Have a look!
Thu 08/02/01 at 19:36
"Moderator"
FANKS ALARR,
(thank you very much)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.