GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"restricted access"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/03/09 at 07:42
Regular
Hi

Just wondered if it is possible to have a members area on my site that can only be accessed by a password and not available to the general public as i want to put training material for students but not general public.

many thanks
Thu 19/03/09 at 07:42
Regular
Hi

Just wondered if it is possible to have a members area on my site that can only be accessed by a password and not available to the general public as i want to put training material for students but not general public.

many thanks
Thu 19/03/09 at 10:31
Regular
Hi Falcon

Unfortunately you are not yet able to do this using InstantPro (presuming that you are using it). Although, you can create pages and have them not show up on the site navigation (so in effect, they are hidden).

You can also choose for the page not to be shown in search engines so it will remain hidden from the general public. Then you can simply give people the address of the page that you want them to see, and the public will not know of the address and are unlikely to find the page(s).

If you need any help in doing this then please let me know.

You can create an area like this using PHP, but for that you will need our VIP Hosting service.
Thu 19/03/09 at 11:57
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
t1mmie wrote:

> You can also choose for the page not to be shown in search
> engines so it will remain hidden from the general public.

This is not available on the current version of the InstantPro Builder but will be available in the next update, which is due to go live soon.

t1mmie wrote:
> You can create an area like this using PHP, but for that you
> will need our VIP
> Hosting
service.

Or if you are using our free hosting you could simply create a directory and use a .htaccess and .htpasswd file to protect the contents using a username and password or you could subscribe to our MySQL service and use a PHP MySQL script to make a members system (or use one of the many free scripts available).
Thu 19/03/09 at 18:57
Regular
Thank for the help I will try it out and hopefully it should be fine

Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.