GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube games of the future!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/02/01 at 19:58
Regular
We know of a few games For the Gamecube such as Metroid, Pefect Dark 2, Shadow man 2econd coming, Zelda, Too human and many others.

Metroid is made by the company which is new to the Nintendo camp Retro Studios they contain people from Rare, Acclaim and many other 3rd party developers. The mere thought of this company sounds exciting but the fact they are making a Shigsy classic is even more thrilling. Stunning Visuals from the women in the orange suit, combined with excellent shoot em up action make this game an already must have.

Perfect Dark 2 has no actual pictures but Rare promise a compleatley new type of game. This sounds interesting and the thought of a origonal shoot em up by Rare is even better than having Joanna Dark and Lara Croft in a Bikini contest.

Shadow man 2second coming has an october release date for the PS2 but Acclaim has it set for the Gamecube (especially after the sucess of the origonal on the 64) and what i've seen of it is amazing anmd sounds even bigger and scarier conmpared to the origonal.

I have heared in many places this might be a release title and if it is then Zelda could make Nintendo top of the next gen console market as the new Zelda looks, sounds and most probably will be the greatest game ever.

Too Human from the new comers Silicon Knights and this Adult game looks as if to be a futuristic Horror.

This is nothing compared to the rest of the list such as Luigi's Mansion, A Pokemon title, Turok 4, the promise of Metal Gear Solid 2 and a Mario sequal.

Nintendo look as if they are going to have one of the best consoles on their hands.
Wed 07/02/01 at 19:58
Regular
We know of a few games For the Gamecube such as Metroid, Pefect Dark 2, Shadow man 2econd coming, Zelda, Too human and many others.

Metroid is made by the company which is new to the Nintendo camp Retro Studios they contain people from Rare, Acclaim and many other 3rd party developers. The mere thought of this company sounds exciting but the fact they are making a Shigsy classic is even more thrilling. Stunning Visuals from the women in the orange suit, combined with excellent shoot em up action make this game an already must have.

Perfect Dark 2 has no actual pictures but Rare promise a compleatley new type of game. This sounds interesting and the thought of a origonal shoot em up by Rare is even better than having Joanna Dark and Lara Croft in a Bikini contest.

Shadow man 2second coming has an october release date for the PS2 but Acclaim has it set for the Gamecube (especially after the sucess of the origonal on the 64) and what i've seen of it is amazing anmd sounds even bigger and scarier conmpared to the origonal.

I have heared in many places this might be a release title and if it is then Zelda could make Nintendo top of the next gen console market as the new Zelda looks, sounds and most probably will be the greatest game ever.

Too Human from the new comers Silicon Knights and this Adult game looks as if to be a futuristic Horror.

This is nothing compared to the rest of the list such as Luigi's Mansion, A Pokemon title, Turok 4, the promise of Metal Gear Solid 2 and a Mario sequal.

Nintendo look as if they are going to have one of the best consoles on their hands.
Wed 28/02/01 at 20:39
Last year Retro Studios started work on a third-person action adventure starring a voluptuous beauty. The game, described by one anonymous source as "something out of the Danger Girl series," was changed to a first-person shooter at some point during design because it was simply too ambitious. Because so many of Retro's designers had worked previously with first-person shooters, it was decided that the title would transform to the genre as it would save time and would be easier to realize. Around this point, Nintendo stepped in and offered the firm its valuable Metroid license. Retro accepted, and began adapting the title to make use of Samus' eerie universe. Internal conflicts regarding whether the game should be a third- or first-person title led to the resignation of Metroid's former project leader. Input from Nintendo's own Shigeru Miyamoto, who has long felt that third-person action titles cannot be executed properly in 3D, helped solidify Metroid's genre change to first-person point of view. Shortly after the dust settled, the title progressed rapidly forward. Now, after recent layoffs and group restructuring, the Metroid project has a bigger team than ever before -- 11 programmers, three designers, and a wealth of talented artists. This brings everyone up to date on what's happening.

Except, Metroid isn't exactly what many readers think. It's not a shooter so much, say sources, as it is an adventure in first-person view -- an FPA if you will -- and not entirely at that either. Retro Studios is working to retain the true feeling of the Metroid license in first-person 3D. That means that the main character will still have the abilities that Samus remains famous for -- everything from the option to upgrade armor and weaponry to special attacks, spins, rolls, grappling hook features, and more. The game's design allows for an optional third-person view to take advantage of these features when the situation calls for it. It is believed that the third-person view is not something that can be toggled by the player, but rather is executed automatically depending on the area and task in the game.

Retro has allegedly been devoting a good amount of its programming resources to creating a balanced level of primary first-person adventure play and third-person camera mechanics where necessary. It is an ambitious endeavor, the possible upstart of a branched out genre, and if it's a successful attempt it's bound to be copied by others in the future.

"I think [the Metroid team] has a good chance of skipping by some of the pitfalls of the FPS genre," a source told us under the condition of anonymity. "They've got some really innovative ideas for jumping, targeting, movement, and camera."

Despite recent layoffs, moral for the project seems very high. "They have folks who've worked on Half-Life and the Turok series among others on that design team," relayed the source. "Consumers will just need to keep an open mind. If so they may be pleasantly surprised in the way that GoldenEye came along and shattered expectations for FPS console games."

The game will be shown for the first time at the coming Electronics Entertainment Expo.

Fri 02/03/01 at 03:27
"Except, Metroid isn't exactly what many readers think. It's not a shooter so much, say sources, as it is an adventure in first-person view -- an FPA if you will -- and not entirely at that either."

Sounds like the description for "Thief". I only wonder if it'll be that cool. I miss Looking Glass Studios.

"Retro Studios is working to retain the true feeling of the Metroid license in first-person 3D. That means that the main character will still have the abilities that Samus remains famous for -- everything from the option to upgrade armor and weaponry to special attacks, spins, rolls, grappling hook features, and more."

What is rolling going to look like from a FP-perspective? They do realize that there are people (Konami's Hideo Kojima included) that can't handle too much shift on the game screen, don't they? It's not that they're wusses or anything, they just can't handle it from a neurological perspective.

Anyway, first-person Metroid, eh? Might not be such a bad idea really, though it HAS to be done well or the game designers'll get lynched.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.