GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Types of forum user"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/03/09 at 08:31
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I was just wondering if there could be a chance of you returning to the old style user classifications for this forum.

It now appears as though you can sign up and within a set period you become a regular, even though you don't actively participate on the site on a regular basis.

It used to be Just Arrived for the first 24 hours, New User after 24 hours then to move on to become a Regular you needed to post more than 300 messages.

It's good news at the moment for Raimundo (he is worthy already of his regular status), but just checking through the forum pages, there are a lot of regulars that have only one post.

Is it likely the old style will come back in, or was that idea dropped because of spamming?

*I miss notible elections*
Wed 18/03/09 at 08:29
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
spoonbeast wrote:
> Doesn't the proposed idea merely breed elitism? I thought we
> were looking for a friendly experience.

I suppose it could do, but already there is a system in place, just the newer system (based on the old system) would actually show if people are frequent users.

Currently, if using "regular" as a term - you become one for being registered after x number of days regardless on how much you contribute or how many times you visit. If this were a pub, would you become a regular punter if you visited only once or twice?

My view is that if people have something to work towards, it'll probably increase traffic (although, unfortunately, it may create more spammers). GADs, becoming a regular and the hope of being elected one day as a notable was one of the reasons that got me involved many moons ago - although those aren't reasons I frequent here now, they were factors in getting me participating instead of lurking and forgetting.

(EDIT: very good alfonse :D)
Wed 18/03/09 at 00:19
Regular
I think new users should be subjected to cold water and paddling.
A canoe race, surely is the way forward?
Tue 17/03/09 at 22:41
Regular
"eat toast!"
Doesn't the proposed idea merely breed elitism? I thought we were looking for a friendly experience.
Tue 17/03/09 at 16:41
Regular
"Metal.. Gear?!?"
ages ago i got the regular for posting loads of messages. lol
Tue 17/03/09 at 10:18
Regular
I should have a gold status because I've been here since the beginning.

Things have certainly changed around here. I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees.
Tue 17/03/09 at 08:53
"possibly impossible"
Seconded.

I still don't think there are enough of us actively participating to have Notable elections again, even though I miss them as well.
Tue 17/03/09 at 08:31
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I was just wondering if there could be a chance of you returning to the old style user classifications for this forum.

It now appears as though you can sign up and within a set period you become a regular, even though you don't actively participate on the site on a regular basis.

It used to be Just Arrived for the first 24 hours, New User after 24 hours then to move on to become a Regular you needed to post more than 300 messages.

It's good news at the moment for Raimundo (he is worthy already of his regular status), but just checking through the forum pages, there are a lot of regulars that have only one post.

Is it likely the old style will come back in, or was that idea dropped because of spamming?

*I miss notible elections*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.