GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How many Dreamcast owners...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/02/01 at 08:21
Regular
How many Dreamcast owners does it take to change a lightbulb?

All of them.

One to remove the old lightbulb, and the rest to run around in the dark looking for a suitable replacement.
Wed 07/02/01 at 08:21
Regular
"not dead"
How many Dreamcast owners does it take to change a lightbulb?

All of them.

One to remove the old lightbulb, and the rest to run around in the dark looking for a suitable replacement.
Wed 07/02/01 at 14:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I've just upgraded my console. I always used to be a Sony freak, now I went and bought a DC to tide me over till the X-Box arrives. I'm impressed by Shenmue and MSR (the two that I got with it), but I hope there are more games out there like that.

Does this mean I have to put up with light-bulb jokes for the next 18 or so months? If so, I'll dig out my big book of Dragon jokes and we'll start a jolly exchange of witty banter. :-)
Wed 07/02/01 at 14:29
Regular
"not dead"
I'm getting the joke in early. There are currently still plenty of 'lightbulbs' on the shelves, and they'll outlast the N64 bulb, but Nintendo will replace it with the Gamecube bulb, but one day there will be no more Sega lightbulbs.

But if the console is the lightbulb, what are the games?
Wed 07/02/01 at 14:36
"Darkness, always"
meka_dragon wrote:

But if the console is the
> lightbulb, what are the games?

Tungsten filament?

-IB
Sat 24/03/01 at 14:19
Regular
I'd pop for argon personally.

The question is irrelevant however, it's a bit like asking:

100 years is to a century as 10,000 years is to...?

There is a valid answer to both questions, although meka_dragon's question is open to a lot of philosophical debate, but both questions have only a very tenuous link with the actual Future of Gaming threads.
Sat 24/03/01 at 14:22
Regular
"There are currently still plenty of 'lightbulbs' on the shelves, and they'll outlast the N64 bulb"

We'd never have thought this would be wrong... But then, they've only stopped making the CONSOLE, not the games.
Sat 24/03/01 at 14:25
Regular
I think meka_dragon was referring here to the essential gameplay lifespan of the respective consoles. He may be inferring that the N64 will die out a lot quicker when the GC is released, whilst the DC community will continue to enjoy fullfilling gameplay lives with their trusty old Dreamcasts.

However, only meka_dragon can actually clear this up for sure, I'm only guessing.
Sat 24/03/01 at 14:29
Regular
"smile, it's free"
So we can still buy new filaments for blown DC bulbs, hence prolonging the life of our DC bulbs?
Sat 24/03/01 at 14:34
Regular
From what I've heard, you can get 'filaments' for the DC for the next 9 months as there are currently over 100 different 'filaments' still in production and due for release.

But we need to await meka_dragon's definition of 'filament' before we can answer that question for sure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.