GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you tell whose really homeless and who is a fake?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 22:48
Regular
I know a guy who's been on the street for about a year now. He's a nice guy who ended up on the streets because he told his parents he was gay and they booted him out. He stayed with mates for a while but left because he felt he was in their way and didn't tell them he had nowhere else to stay. He lost his job and can't get another because he has no fixed address. He can't get a fixed address because he has no money. He can't get benefits because he hasn't got a proof of address.

Some of the things he's endured on the streets are horrifying. Knowing his story makes me think twice before I'll walk by someone begging. They might be having you on and then again they might not. Surely sparing a few pence isn't gonna make a huge difference to you, but it might to them.
Mon 09/06/03 at 22:48
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I know a guy who's been on the street for about a year now. He's a nice guy who ended up on the streets because he told his parents he was gay and they booted him out. He stayed with mates for a while but left because he felt he was in their way and didn't tell them he had nowhere else to stay. He lost his job and can't get another because he has no fixed address. He can't get a fixed address because he has no money. He can't get benefits because he hasn't got a proof of address.

Some of the things he's endured on the streets are horrifying. Knowing his story makes me think twice before I'll walk by someone begging. They might be having you on and then again they might not. Surely sparing a few pence isn't gonna make a huge difference to you, but it might to them.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:16
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Was walking past a guy in liverpool last week who was beggin askin for a few extra pounds, but he was sat outside the off liscence, enough said.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:24
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I buy the big issue when I can. I always try to buy from the same vendors. There was this one guy, on Cheapside. He'd save up all week, then go to the local convenience store and buy something. He was living in a shelter, and kept receipts of everything he bought, so you could see how he was doing. Last time I talked to him he was 3 from front of queue for a council flat and had just had a job interview. Then he stopped selling, guess he got himself back on his feet. Good for him.
Tue 10/06/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
The GingerLord wrote:
> I buy the big issue when I can.

Same here. I get it from the woman who sells it at my local supermarket. It's a good way of helping out. I wish more people considered it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.