GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA RAMBLINGS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/02/01 at 23:59
Regular
Maybe it's time the world woke up to see how good Sega's games really are - put any of the recent EA Sports titles up against the Sega equivelant (excluding Sega's Worldwide Soccer series...) and you'll see which company are producing the best games.
For a while now, Dreamcast owners have had the luxury of exclusivity - all of Sega's genial had been released solely for them (us!), but now it's the rest of the gaming world's turn to experience NBA 2K1, NFL 2K1 (or even 2K2), Virtua Tennis 2 and many more.

Give me one EA game that betters Virtua Tennis and I will personally write a letter of apology to EA themselves - apologising for not buying any of their games...

I think that as Sega encroach themselves into a market dominating position of Sony's PS2 (i.e. having the most games sales of PS2 Sega games) it could see the fall of EA - possibly making them jump ship to the disgruntled XBox.

Who knows - maybe one day EA will be taking 'how to treat your customers with the respect they deserve' training course at Sega HQ (or maybe not...) and maybe one day Sega will tell us what on earth the PACE STB is going to do for the gaming front - yeah it'll be compatible with existing and future DC games - but how many future DC games are there?

These questions will be answered - perhaps. As we edge nearer into the next generation world, people with mere PSones will be frowned upon by the upmarket XBox owner - Nintendo will be kidding itself if it thinks Pokemon will sell another game - identical all but in colour. Sega will be rivalling BT to get premier league coverage on their Set top boxes, while, in the backstreets of Suburbia Panasonic will be readying their new market capturing new console - the 4DO...

Rest in the hope that Crazy Taxi 2 will be an exclusive for you.
Tue 06/02/01 at 23:59
Maybe it's time the world woke up to see how good Sega's games really are - put any of the recent EA Sports titles up against the Sega equivelant (excluding Sega's Worldwide Soccer series...) and you'll see which company are producing the best games.
For a while now, Dreamcast owners have had the luxury of exclusivity - all of Sega's genial had been released solely for them (us!), but now it's the rest of the gaming world's turn to experience NBA 2K1, NFL 2K1 (or even 2K2), Virtua Tennis 2 and many more.

Give me one EA game that betters Virtua Tennis and I will personally write a letter of apology to EA themselves - apologising for not buying any of their games...

I think that as Sega encroach themselves into a market dominating position of Sony's PS2 (i.e. having the most games sales of PS2 Sega games) it could see the fall of EA - possibly making them jump ship to the disgruntled XBox.

Who knows - maybe one day EA will be taking 'how to treat your customers with the respect they deserve' training course at Sega HQ (or maybe not...) and maybe one day Sega will tell us what on earth the PACE STB is going to do for the gaming front - yeah it'll be compatible with existing and future DC games - but how many future DC games are there?

These questions will be answered - perhaps. As we edge nearer into the next generation world, people with mere PSones will be frowned upon by the upmarket XBox owner - Nintendo will be kidding itself if it thinks Pokemon will sell another game - identical all but in colour. Sega will be rivalling BT to get premier league coverage on their Set top boxes, while, in the backstreets of Suburbia Panasonic will be readying their new market capturing new console - the 4DO...

Rest in the hope that Crazy Taxi 2 will be an exclusive for you.
Wed 07/02/01 at 00:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
EA doesn't just rely on sports titles though. They recently released the excellent game "Alice". That game is great ! I hope it gets a console conversion :-)

Wed 07/02/01 at 17:45
Yeah but BullFrog or someone probably did it under EA's name...

I remember when Bull Frog got bought by EA, one of the sadest days in video game history - no one else cares do they?
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:12
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> I remember when Bull Frog got bought by EA, one of the
> sadest days in video game history - no one else cares do
> they?

Nooo... surly not... Everyone fro Bullfrog just pushed off to form their own software houses... Lionhead, Muckky Foot, etc... EA tripled the fun! :)
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:14
Yeah but the name Bull Frog!! It was such a nice name :)
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Bull!
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Frog!
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I'm terribly sorry... there really was no excuse for that! :)
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
- Nintendo will be kidding itself if it thinks Pokemon will sell another game - identical all but in colour...

Are you mad? Nintendo could sell a Pokemon game with every colour under the sun and they would still sell 20 million copies. Not that I like the little b***ers.
Wed 07/02/01 at 21:12
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Didn't BullFrog do Theme Park?

They were a British company too. Not as many of them in the games buisness as there used to be. *sniff*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.