GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Street Fighter IV"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Street Fighter IV'.
Thu 12/03/09 at 11:59
Regular
The extensive single-player mode in Street Fighter 4 is one of the best you can hope to find in today's choice of beat-em-ups. The story may not be brilliant, albeit it shouldn't be a problem if you concentrate on the gameplay. It's way better than what we've witnessed in recent releases such as Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe or Soul Calibur IV. The combat commendably feels like the old Street Fighter games. Veteran SF players should instantly remember key moves used by some of their favorite characters. Mark my words though; SF 4 doesn't just represent a mere return to form. The game features numerous improvements to the classic gameplay mechanics of previous titles in the series. Focus attacks are the primary innovation. Using them opens the door to a variety of lethal offensive and defensive moves. Your character's ability to perform focus attacks leads to some impressive combos. If done right, these attacks deal a huge amount of damage to opponents and they look cool to boot. Although this handy Focus system stands as the key ingredient defining the new Street Fighter, you don't need to rely on it in order to claim victory against your adversary. Fights can be won with traditional moves and combos, used in earlier games.

Performing Focus attacks doesn't necessarily restrict you to a specific chain of strikes. The series of Focus moves can be stopped at any time - particularly useful if you want to confuse opponents. Apart from the Focus system and assortment of regular moves, players may employ Ultra Combos and Super Combos. It's very simple: you charge the Ultra meter by receiving damage and then pulling off numerous heavy-damage attacks when the other fighter least expects it. It's easy to turn the tide of battle and increase the excitement of each fight. Charging the Super meter is done by using normal attacks, which may in turn be combined with Super Combo attacks.

Smell and die!

Chin up!

The unique art direction may not appeal to everyone, but it does lend a certain dash of originality in a sea of generic anime-flavored fighting games. It's a subtle and good move by Capcom.

Getting into the spirit of Street Fighter 4 should be equally straightforward for fans and newbies alike, which, I think you'll agree, is one of the main advantages of this game. Inexperienced players can have a whirl with other modes such as Trial to master the techniques of each character. It's an excellent option for beginners. This game also provides hours of fun during online matches, in addition to featuring tons of tasty unlockables for determined players. However, the soul of Street Fighter 4 resides in its terrific gameplay mechanics, flavored by a unique and appealing arts style. Top-notch audio evokes the sound of many familiar cries and blows from preceding titles.

Street Fighter 4 is by no means a flawless game. Looking for an in-depth story is pointless, since you won't find it here. Frankly, that's really not what you should be looking for in a fighting game. This title restored our faith in the genre and it rises high above the competition. Capcom deserves credit for this one. It's been a long time since we felt this kind of vibe and the best part is, it's a good slice of gaming even for those who are unfamiliar with previous releases. Nice work.
Thu 12/03/09 at 16:48
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
There is not a problem with you submitting content that is not your own, it is just common practice and polite to link to the original source.

That being said, it is always advisable to write and post your own game reviews as you will be able to win a FREE game or £30 Amazon voucher if it is judged to be the best of that week.
Thu 12/03/09 at 15:51
Regular
Oh, I'm sorry i was only trying to share around some positive reviews that id found on the internet but if you only want Original reviews I'm happy enough to write out some of my own. :)
Thu 12/03/09 at 15:18
"possibly impossible"
Please quote original source for reviews:
Thu 12/03/09 at 11:59
Regular
The extensive single-player mode in Street Fighter 4 is one of the best you can hope to find in today's choice of beat-em-ups. The story may not be brilliant, albeit it shouldn't be a problem if you concentrate on the gameplay. It's way better than what we've witnessed in recent releases such as Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe or Soul Calibur IV. The combat commendably feels like the old Street Fighter games. Veteran SF players should instantly remember key moves used by some of their favorite characters. Mark my words though; SF 4 doesn't just represent a mere return to form. The game features numerous improvements to the classic gameplay mechanics of previous titles in the series. Focus attacks are the primary innovation. Using them opens the door to a variety of lethal offensive and defensive moves. Your character's ability to perform focus attacks leads to some impressive combos. If done right, these attacks deal a huge amount of damage to opponents and they look cool to boot. Although this handy Focus system stands as the key ingredient defining the new Street Fighter, you don't need to rely on it in order to claim victory against your adversary. Fights can be won with traditional moves and combos, used in earlier games.

Performing Focus attacks doesn't necessarily restrict you to a specific chain of strikes. The series of Focus moves can be stopped at any time - particularly useful if you want to confuse opponents. Apart from the Focus system and assortment of regular moves, players may employ Ultra Combos and Super Combos. It's very simple: you charge the Ultra meter by receiving damage and then pulling off numerous heavy-damage attacks when the other fighter least expects it. It's easy to turn the tide of battle and increase the excitement of each fight. Charging the Super meter is done by using normal attacks, which may in turn be combined with Super Combo attacks.

Smell and die!

Chin up!

The unique art direction may not appeal to everyone, but it does lend a certain dash of originality in a sea of generic anime-flavored fighting games. It's a subtle and good move by Capcom.

Getting into the spirit of Street Fighter 4 should be equally straightforward for fans and newbies alike, which, I think you'll agree, is one of the main advantages of this game. Inexperienced players can have a whirl with other modes such as Trial to master the techniques of each character. It's an excellent option for beginners. This game also provides hours of fun during online matches, in addition to featuring tons of tasty unlockables for determined players. However, the soul of Street Fighter 4 resides in its terrific gameplay mechanics, flavored by a unique and appealing arts style. Top-notch audio evokes the sound of many familiar cries and blows from preceding titles.

Street Fighter 4 is by no means a flawless game. Looking for an in-depth story is pointless, since you won't find it here. Frankly, that's really not what you should be looking for in a fighting game. This title restored our faith in the genre and it rises high above the competition. Capcom deserves credit for this one. It's been a long time since we felt this kind of vibe and the best part is, it's a good slice of gaming even for those who are unfamiliar with previous releases. Nice work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.