GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box for how long???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/02/01 at 18:56
Regular
I just got the news from upwire at my e-mail address that the X-box name has already been used by a company in Florida. There are legal battles approaching.
The Florida company is so small that Microsoft will probably get the name eventually, but if not, what else could it be called given that there`s already the big green X on the top?
X-machine and X-device are very cheesy/stupid. Any others?
Tue 06/02/01 at 18:56
Regular
I just got the news from upwire at my e-mail address that the X-box name has already been used by a company in Florida. There are legal battles approaching.
The Florida company is so small that Microsoft will probably get the name eventually, but if not, what else could it be called given that there`s already the big green X on the top?
X-machine and X-device are very cheesy/stupid. Any others?
Tue 06/02/01 at 19:22
X - tinct....if Sony had their way !!!
Tue 06/02/01 at 20:19
The letter X was very common among mad scientists. Trying to step away from convention, I will be using the codeletter *F* for any of my secret projects.

From what I've been hearing, X-Pensive might be a good description.

Come on, there are loads more...
Tue 06/02/01 at 22:27
Regular
"not dead"
I've had a think, and you already seen to have X-hausted my ideas.

Maybe X-cuboid.
Tue 06/02/01 at 22:27
Regular
"not dead"
Maybe Y-box?
Tue 06/02/01 at 22:35
Regular
After much x-perimentation, causing me to get very x-asperated, I have decided on x-actly what it should be called.
As an x-ample of Microsofts crashing ability it should be named the x-rental box.
This may sound odd, but it does seem that x-rentals tend to mess up pretty quick (for obvious reasons).
Well, if anyone has anymore x-cellent ideas, I`ll be x-cited to hear about them.
Tue 06/02/01 at 22:36
Regular
Whatever its called, the growth of the machine will not be like that of the PS2, which will grow x-ponentially.
Wed 07/02/01 at 00:33
"High polygon count"
"This console is dead - deceased - it is an x-console."

They certainly can't call it Project X, as that was a game by Team 17 on the Amiga, and they'll have another lawsuit... maybe.

Mr Gates X-ceedingly Large Console?

Cross-Box? (Cross? I bet they're livid!)

Sure there are more, but it's late, and I must get to bed!
Wed 07/02/01 at 09:46
X-cre...... no, better not go there.....

Maybe they could buy up Codemasters and use all their cheesy old 'Dizzy' egg yolks (jokes..... argh, it's contagious!).
Wed 07/02/01 at 09:52
Cue more bad puns -

burnt out machine = fried X-Box

stolen machine = poached X-Box

etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.