GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who Halo Fan Really Isn't..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/06/03 at 20:29
Regular
So, Goatboy was Halo Fan then ? Okay, but there are numerous posts on these very forums which suggest otherwise, and which I beg to point out are so completely out of character for Goatboy, even in trickster mode.

Firstly http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages .php?threadid=77843&forumid=132&offset=20¤tsort=desc (REMOVE THE SPACE)

Made in the Nintendo Forum, to quote;
"Skies Of Arcadia
Wave Race Bluestorm
Memory Card 251
Resident Evil 2 + 3
Return To Castle Wolfenstein for Xbox
Scour Ebay for a near mint boxed + instructions Super Empire Strikes Back for the SNES. Do the same for Mario Kart 64 when I have the cash as well.

And I absolutely must play Animal Crossing more, have had my town about two months and played it about 6 hours. Why does that Joan person only appear Sunday mornings ? It's toooooo early....."

Those are pretty specific things too want ? And Goatboy knowing anything about Animal Crossing, being a PC Nut who constantly calls consoles toys ? See any PC games on that list ?

Secondly, http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages .php?threadid=76685&forumid=132&offset=140¤tsort=desc

Halo Fan and Whitestripes argue over Nintendo and Microsoft, in detail, Halo Fan hits back with a brief history of Nintendo that is pretty much spot on;
"
Kind of right. Started in 1889 as one man making traditional Japanese cards which could be used in a game similar to the popular Dutch and Portugese card games of that time. Demand for the cards was so great that soon Yamamuchi (sorry if this is spelt wrong, as it's from memory) had to employ more people to make the cards with him. Yamamuchi realised that to increase Nintendo's hold on the market he should open special Nintendo outlets to sell the cards and mats from, and they would only sell Nintendo goods. As time passed the kinds of cards that were popular changed and Nintendo sold the first plastic coated cards in Japan in 1953, and did a deal with Disney to sell cards with characters images on in 1959. Yamamuchi wanted to expand, and Nintendo launched it's next product - instant rice. It failed. Next, Nintendo experimented with a chain of love hotels - hotels where rooms could be rented by the hour - and it failed, and it was widely speculated that the married Yamamuchi was probably the best customer of them... Next came a taxi company, which was success but the constant demands by the drivers forced Yamamuchi to pack that in also. Relocating the company to new premises he decided that Nintendo was strongest in the entertainment business, where it could control distribution and, with the right product, dominate the Japanese market whilst forcing out competition. In 1969 the Games division of Nintendo was created, composed of numerous teams whom Yamamuchi played off against each other, threatening them with the sack if they did not do better than another team. The first successful product of this was a light gun style game. Then came Game And Watch, but the success was tempered by the fact that it was easily pirated by bootleggers. Yamamuchi decided that any future product must be more easily controlled, which meant keeping a stranglehold on the production of it. Eventually the NES was born, and sold well thanks to Donkey Kong and a tubby plumber....but then a fault emerged in the NES which forced a mass recall of all units and replacements, Nintendo lost millions but perservered. Maybe this had something to do with chips. To make the NES and the game cartridges Nintendo had to agree to buy a massive quantity of the chips needed for them, and when the system became a success Nintendo had all the chips. Eventually other developers made games but Nintendo charged heavy fees and insisted on "controlling" them, and making the cartridges for them, which incidentally meant more money to Nintendo.

And that's just the early, brief, shortened history. Later on there is how Nintendo broke into the American market and used it's traditional tactics to try and force it's main retail supporters to boycott the competition, how it tried to price out Sega and Atari....and much more.

As I said, Bill would be proud."

From Goatboy ? Oookayy, I think not.

Thirdly, http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages. php?threadid=77102&forumid=130

A great first post that I noticed on the Xbox forum, Halo 2 in game footage, hard to find at the time and the kind of thing I suggest only a real gaming nut could find, i.e. not him.

Again, to quote,
"Apologies to everyone if someone already did this earlier in the week, but I found these links on Ebay that are to actual in game footage of Halo 2 from E3, the stuff you have to pay for on Gamespot Complete.

http://math-test.mat.jhu.edu/public/ halo2xpctr1_qt.mov 30mb movie version
http://math-test.mat.jhu.edu/public/ halo2demo_051203_320.mov 80mb movie version
http://math-test.mat.jhu.edu/public/halo2xpctr1_qt.mov 115mb movie version

Needless to say only those with patience or Broadband will want to go for the 115mb version.

Trailer is 8 mins long, and takes place in New Mombasa during a Covenant assault."

Apologies ? Is that him ? I think our Mr Light would be getting literary fingerprinting scores of 0 for that, which in this country would still get a conviction.....

Finally, http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages. php?threadid=77186&forumid=130

A diatribe about patching and Xbox Live.

If the objective was to test forum users reactions then why post outside of Life, and why does Goatboy not engage himself in argument in these other topics, despite ample opportunity ?

Do any of you really believe he gives a fig about Halo 2, or Xbox Live ?

Either he's a secretive person, or ....?

And more to the point why target my old user name, Belldandy, as doing something which by his own admittance I did not do ? I tried to defend what I saw as a legitimate new user and got nothing but abuse back, but I was not the only one to defend Halo Fan.

As a Notable, using his trust and supposed reputation, in that way, stinks something rotten.

I've disagreed with him in the past as Belldandy, but is that cause for harrassment and false accusation ? I think not.

Remember, if he can do it once, he can do it again, and because he is a notable he can do anything he wants on here, to any of you. So I'd just keep agreeing with him if I were you.

One particular notable is nothing special at all.
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:08
Regular
That doesn't really seem like Goatboy, but what prompted the change of name Belldandy? Any post by someon professing to be by someone else is instantly suspicious now...
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:55
"period drama"
* Just in - Door Opening Pr0n. You're kind o' thang.
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:54
"period drama"
Goatboy wrote:

> Can someone send me pron please?

And specifications, sir? We cater for everyone's freakish desires. I sense you are a weirdo.
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*shrugs*
I cant change my homepage.

Can someone send me pron please?
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I wouldn't worry mate.

As soon as Bell/Practical magic/whatever has finished frantically checking a few links I provided, he'll snap back in here and tell everyone how little he cares and how he'll be leaving.

Then post 13 new topics about how annoyed he is about this place.
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:47
Regular
"QPR 1974"
And coincidently HALOFan has...vanished?

Abdupted?

I quote http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/who_givesadamn.php?

threadid=onlybelldandyandhisminisculeways4564332&=desperate

"I am not a dog, but I sniff the crotches of the elderly on a regular basis"
- This shows that HALOFan distinctly says he is not a dog, but another post in the Pokémon forum suggests otherwise, and I quote:

"Woof Woof"
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bell, mate, scrape the stars 'n stripes paint off yer face, open the curtains and go get a woman.

Trust me, you'll relax
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:40
"period drama"
A list of all the people who care:

1) You.

*End*
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Belldandy.

Desperately trying to prove I'm not Halo Fan
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Who are ye Practical Magic? I recall seeing that tagline somewhere before.... can anyone enlighten me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.