GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon versus Digimon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/02/01 at 18:39
Regular
Okay, here we go. Well, it was bound to come up sometime (if it has already, sorry to bore/annoy/brainwash you, but I've started now. So there).
Where do I start? Well, what do you think of them? Personally, I prefer Digimon, because the characters are well, nicer. The kids are more realistic than Ash. Misty or Brock, with only one real trait each- Brock to fall head-over-heels with any and every woman that goes by, Misty to always-shout-at-but-always-like-really Ash, and Ash to say he's going to become the world's greatest PKMN trainer, but only ever catching about 7 pokemon and giving all but 4 away. I won't go through all 8 (Well, 13 after Season 2) Digimon kids- I don't have much room to write.

The Digimon TV series also has a plot- a substantial, developed plot- a bit clichee, but still a good plot- there is a great evil threatening existance in the Digi-world that will also affect the real world. In Pokemon, Ash tries to become a Pokemon master, but isn't really very good, and even though he says he will in every episode, he never really keeps track of what he's doing. (Should this be a review? It's too long, I think. I've got loads I want to say, but I can't have a discussion on my own. Damnit!)

Anyway, which do you prefer, and why?
Aidan
Wed 28/02/01 at 09:12
Very funny. Now are you going to discuss or just try and guess my age? And do you have a middle name, Mature?
Wed 21/02/01 at 21:25
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
You mean like, 8?
Wed 21/02/01 at 14:38
That's not my real name. And I'm well over 7, thank you very much.
Sun 18/02/01 at 21:05
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Aidan, is your second name Fozzard, and are you over 7?
Tue 06/02/01 at 18:39
Okay, here we go. Well, it was bound to come up sometime (if it has already, sorry to bore/annoy/brainwash you, but I've started now. So there).
Where do I start? Well, what do you think of them? Personally, I prefer Digimon, because the characters are well, nicer. The kids are more realistic than Ash. Misty or Brock, with only one real trait each- Brock to fall head-over-heels with any and every woman that goes by, Misty to always-shout-at-but-always-like-really Ash, and Ash to say he's going to become the world's greatest PKMN trainer, but only ever catching about 7 pokemon and giving all but 4 away. I won't go through all 8 (Well, 13 after Season 2) Digimon kids- I don't have much room to write.

The Digimon TV series also has a plot- a substantial, developed plot- a bit clichee, but still a good plot- there is a great evil threatening existance in the Digi-world that will also affect the real world. In Pokemon, Ash tries to become a Pokemon master, but isn't really very good, and even though he says he will in every episode, he never really keeps track of what he's doing. (Should this be a review? It's too long, I think. I've got loads I want to say, but I can't have a discussion on my own. Damnit!)

Anyway, which do you prefer, and why?
Aidan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.