GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New GT3 release date"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/02/01 at 13:18
Regular
Sony Japan have release a new official release date for GT3 - 25th April.

Hopefully ours will be soon after - barring any more delays, of course!
Sun 18/02/01 at 21:18
"High polygon count"
> I had choosen to see the red car in action. But,
> i noticed that when it crashed into another car, niether car was
> damaged. Do you think they should do it so that if you do get into a
> crash you mash up your car a bit?

That's always been the case with the GT games though. But GT2 does simulate crash damage by affecting the handling of the cars.

According to an interview with the GT series creator, Kazunori Yamauchi, he wants to put damage in GT, but the European car manufacturers won't allow it.

Now there's no reason to disbelieve him, but I don't understand why Euro manufacturers are being so picky about it, especially as European cars get damaged in other games, such as the TOCA series, Colin McRae, and V-Rally. I can only think it's because many of the cars in GT are normal road cars, and not racing-specific models.
Sun 18/02/01 at 18:25
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
I think I want this game more
> than MGS2... if that's possible.

Nope Wookiee, that can't be possible :P
I also saw it today, and it looked VERY good. I had choosen to see the red car in action. But, i noticed that when it crashed into another car, niether car was damaged. Do you think they should do it so that if you do get into a crash you mash up your car a bit?

Did you see Z.O.E as well? That looked good too.
Sun 18/02/01 at 00:11
"High polygon count"
I got the latest PSW today, and have been watching the latest GT3 footage.

And watching.

And watching.

And watching.

And watching.

And watching.

It just gets better evry time I see it. You know, at this moment in time, I think I want this game more than MGS2... if that's possible.
Fri 16/02/01 at 07:38
Regular
everytime I read about this game, I want it more ! the wet rod in some of the night-time screenshots is amazing
Thu 15/02/01 at 23:27
Regular
"Whatever!"
I watched the PSW DVD demo earlier - This game looks better and better each time I see it, the rally course in particular looks a bit special!!
Thu 15/02/01 at 19:28
Regular
Can`t wait for it!
Thu 15/02/01 at 09:47
Check out the video footage on the new PSW DVD. Wow. They say they've improved the background graphics, but I'm sure they've tidied the cars up as well.

If this plays as good as it looks (and there's no reason why not), this will sell a *lot* of consoles.....
Tue 06/02/01 at 18:17
Regular
"Whatever!"
Excellent news!!! Hopefully not too long to wait now for what will be with out doubt the best racer ever!!
Tue 06/02/01 at 13:18
"High polygon count"
Sony Japan have release a new official release date for GT3 - 25th April.

Hopefully ours will be soon after - barring any more delays, of course!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.