GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"His Dark Materials"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/06/03 at 14:14
Regular
HAs anyone read His Dark Materials? I heard they are making it into a film next year!!
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
They are good books but will be crap as a film. I've read some stuff as well about Philip Pullman and I think he's a j@ck@ss, but his books are ok.
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:21
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> I'd be most grateful if I could pinch the 1st one to see if I enjoy it
> before I order it?
>
> Email meh

I felt like e-mailing 'Use a library' to you but then realised that it probably wasn't funny. My wit wears out after 9:00.

And for those of you looking for the easy joke.. 'It only starts a 8:59:59'
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:17
Regular
"keep your receipt"
yeah I've read all his books. His latest one, 'Kount Kastlestein' or something isn't that good at all. I think the success of His Dark Materials might have gone to his head because his previous books were fantastic.
Sun 01/06/03 at 21:13
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Come to think of it, Iorek would have to be computer generated! It wouldn't look real. Plus it would be "childrens books" and Adult films because of Will's fingers and the fight between Iorek and Iofur.
Sun 01/06/03 at 20:08
Regular
The films would be pretty crap really.

It'd be a lot of computer-generated stuff. Also the certificate would be quite high, all because Will loses two fingers, and it would have to be graphic.

No. Don't make it into a film. You'll ruin it.
Sun 01/06/03 at 17:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Liked the first one, didn't like the second as much. Maybe due to the fact that there was such a long gap between them being released I'd mainly forgotten most of the plot details. Not read the third one yet.

Has anyone read his other series, set around 1900? I think that's when it's set, anyway. They're called things like "The Ruby in the Smoke".
Sun 01/06/03 at 17:31
The second one to be fair was ok.
Sun 01/06/03 at 15:20
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
HATED the first one.

HATED IT.

HATE.
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:32
Regular
"Chris Morris"
The rival wrote:
> Films that are criticized are critized because they are compared to
> the books.

I never noticed that but your right! Too many books are being made into films nowadays! Bring on filmmakers own ideas! But still, I want to see Harry Potter, LOTR, and His Dark Materials released as films!
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:26
Regular
"He's back"
Films that are criticized are critized because they are compared to the books.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.