GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Trek Theatrical Trailer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/03/09 at 18:38
Regular
Click

Right I'm sure I'm not the only Trekkie on the forum, your thoughts on the trailer and upcoming movie?
Fri 06/03/09 at 18:38
Regular
Click

Right I'm sure I'm not the only Trekkie on the forum, your thoughts on the trailer and upcoming movie?
Fri 06/03/09 at 18:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The trailer looks OK although I'm not a nerd so I cant rightly judge. One of my geeky compadres has told me the film isn't popular because it's apparently too comedic. I didnt get that impression
Fri 06/03/09 at 23:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
Looks good, a bit Hollywood, but still nice.
Sat 07/03/09 at 06:47
Regular
I think it ooks an interesting take on the Trek universe...especially as its set with Christopher Pike as the Captain...

From a Trekkie point of view, the original series was full of silly comedy moments - this is based in that era, so a bit of humour is to be expected. I just hope it doesn't deviate too much from the current Trek universe and keeps its place within the timeline...

From a non-Trekkie point of view - it looks alright...but there'll be touches that fans will pick up on more than those who aren't really interested.
Sat 07/03/09 at 23:15
"possibly impossible"
I'm going to reserve judgement until i watch the full movie, but I'm definitely going to see it when it's out here.
Sun 08/03/09 at 13:55
Regular
"THFC"
I really dislike Star Trek

That said the trailer for the new film looks amazing, i really think it is going to be good, for non fans aswell as fans. But i will have to see when it comes out, as trailers can always make a film better than they actually are. Still i will watch it when it comes out and i reckon i will enjoy it.
Sun 08/03/09 at 14:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Emmie87 wrote:
> I really dislike Star Trek

Hurrah
Mon 09/03/09 at 08:52
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Saw this trailer in the cinema on Friday and does look good and even if I wasn't a Trekkie I would go see it as a fan of JJ Abrams (Lost and Cloverfield especially) as he does seem to make a good show/film. I think even my non-trekkie mate was impressed.
Mon 09/03/09 at 09:12
Regular
Nin wrote:
> Emmie87 wrote:
> I really dislike Star Trek
>
> Hurrah

Hurrah, too!

Also, nothing is great without Shatner.
Mon 09/03/09 at 10:15
"possibly impossible"
I love Star Trek in all it's forms, it appeals to the geek in me.

That said, i don't own any of the series (only the films) and I haven't seen every episode of Enterprise (I've seen all of TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager).

I'll enjoy this film for what it is, an attempt to tell an early history of TOS with younger versions of the characters we all know. I think it will be successful, but I'll wait and see.

Whatever gets written about it, I'll still go and see it anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.