GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rangers Supporters = Sectarianism"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/06/03 at 13:30
Regular
Alright, a few of you know me here. What do you think of me? If I told you that I was a Rangers Supporter, would your opinion of me change? Alot of you will be asking "Why?" Exept those who follow Scottich Football. Well, for those who watch the SPL, let me just explain that I support the team, not anything else that the fans "belive" in. I'm not talking about "Rule Britania" or "God Save The Queen", I'm talking about something which is un-acceptable...sectarianism.

Before I started supporting the football team, I knew nothing of all their songs and all this violance for nothing. I started supporting them because they impressed me. I'm not going to change teams because of the supporters. Half of them don't eben know what their talking (or singing) about.

Years back, the supporters would sing "Oh Flower of Scotland" because they are Scottish. But then the supporters are brainwashed to think that they have all supported England for years and they start singing "God Save The Queen" (I'm just using this as an example). It's the same with sectarianism One match the sing "We will follow Rangers" the next they are shouting abuse at someone who is not even at the match; The Pope.

What in God's name do The Pope, The IRA, The UVF, ect ect have to do with kicking a ball, scoring a goal, or winning a trophey?

Have you heard of Bobby Sands? He led a Hungar Strike to stop things like this happning and died for what he belived in. The Rangers fans see this as a joke and make the song "Would you like to try a cheeseburger Bobby Sands?". Oh well done, thats really witty and funny! The only thing that was funny was that you only started singing at Hampdon when Amorouso scored the winning goal against Dundee. I was there.

When I go to Rangers matches and sit in the Rangers crowd, I have to pretend that I support the UVF and all this crap. I have to join in singind these songs to that they don't beat me up. I go to support my team and seemingly so do all the other Rangers fans, but there is not one song that they sing that dosen't either insult the pope, or the IRA (Exept The England songs).

And whats more, if I tell someone I support Rangers they want nothing to do with me. And neither would I.

In Scottish Football, the riots are caused by Rangers fans. Sometimes Celtic or at Derby's but mostly the Rangers fans. And whats so bad about that is that more than half of them are fighting for what they DON'T belive in! It's Ideocy!

Well, that's all I've got to say on this matter. If anyone wants to add anything I've forgotten, just say it here.
Sat 07/06/03 at 16:49
Regular
I support Rnagers also, and although I've only been to three games, I've never heard anyof this sectarianism, perhaps it only occurs on the Broomloan and Copland road stands (Those are the only seats that the sectarianist's can afford), but, I thought it only occured during Celtic games, because although, no longer true, it used to obnly be that Catholics supported Celtic and Protestants support Rangers, it's still high in that favour, but is no longer totally true.

However, I opnly hope that a few idiots don't spoilt he game for us. Oh, and Rangers and Celtic shouldn't move to the Premiership, that's too easy for them.

:D
Fri 06/06/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Yeah, well it IS really harmless because nobody pays attention to the fans. But can't that same atmosphere (if thats how you spell it) Be crated without the use of those songs? Make differant ones!
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:12
"I love yo... lamp."
jam piece is NOT a typical Rangers supporter. We are not all like him. By far the majority are not. At least the ones I know anyway.
Sun 01/06/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Chris Morris"
Alright, a few of you know me here. What do you think of me? If I told you that I was a Rangers Supporter, would your opinion of me change? Alot of you will be asking "Why?" Exept those who follow Scottich Football. Well, for those who watch the SPL, let me just explain that I support the team, not anything else that the fans "belive" in. I'm not talking about "Rule Britania" or "God Save The Queen", I'm talking about something which is un-acceptable...sectarianism.

Before I started supporting the football team, I knew nothing of all their songs and all this violance for nothing. I started supporting them because they impressed me. I'm not going to change teams because of the supporters. Half of them don't eben know what their talking (or singing) about.

Years back, the supporters would sing "Oh Flower of Scotland" because they are Scottish. But then the supporters are brainwashed to think that they have all supported England for years and they start singing "God Save The Queen" (I'm just using this as an example). It's the same with sectarianism One match the sing "We will follow Rangers" the next they are shouting abuse at someone who is not even at the match; The Pope.

What in God's name do The Pope, The IRA, The UVF, ect ect have to do with kicking a ball, scoring a goal, or winning a trophey?

Have you heard of Bobby Sands? He led a Hungar Strike to stop things like this happning and died for what he belived in. The Rangers fans see this as a joke and make the song "Would you like to try a cheeseburger Bobby Sands?". Oh well done, thats really witty and funny! The only thing that was funny was that you only started singing at Hampdon when Amorouso scored the winning goal against Dundee. I was there.

When I go to Rangers matches and sit in the Rangers crowd, I have to pretend that I support the UVF and all this crap. I have to join in singind these songs to that they don't beat me up. I go to support my team and seemingly so do all the other Rangers fans, but there is not one song that they sing that dosen't either insult the pope, or the IRA (Exept The England songs).

And whats more, if I tell someone I support Rangers they want nothing to do with me. And neither would I.

In Scottish Football, the riots are caused by Rangers fans. Sometimes Celtic or at Derby's but mostly the Rangers fans. And whats so bad about that is that more than half of them are fighting for what they DON'T belive in! It's Ideocy!

Well, that's all I've got to say on this matter. If anyone wants to add anything I've forgotten, just say it here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.