GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IDEA OF FUTURE GAMES"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/02/01 at 21:35
Regular
In the last few years the gaming industry has been on a very high increase, from the popularity of games to the amount of companies making new games and consoles etc.

Now to me in the future the gaming industry will be as big as ever, and a lot more interest put on the money made by the industry. This may lead to less unpopular games being made and much more effort put into the popular games. This may lead to better improvements in games and a lot more happier games.

Some improvements may be lesser bugs in games because there is a market expecting good quality games, so no more trying to fiqure out why you can see through walls when you are not meant to. Also more fun stuff like soundtracks in games like the movies today, so who knows in a few years you may have your favourite band making a song for your favourite game. Also there may be a lot more advertising in games from more hype leading up to a realease of a new game and a lot more television coverage reviewing the new games and talking about games in development.

This is only a short idea of what future games may be like, but whatever it may be it seems to be looking very interesting indeed. Thanks for reading - SHEEPY

Mon 05/02/01 at 21:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
In the last few years the gaming industry has been on a very high increase, from the popularity of games to the amount of companies making new games and consoles etc.

Now to me in the future the gaming industry will be as big as ever, and a lot more interest put on the money made by the industry. This may lead to less unpopular games being made and much more effort put into the popular games. This may lead to better improvements in games and a lot more happier games.

Some improvements may be lesser bugs in games because there is a market expecting good quality games, so no more trying to fiqure out why you can see through walls when you are not meant to. Also more fun stuff like soundtracks in games like the movies today, so who knows in a few years you may have your favourite band making a song for your favourite game. Also there may be a lot more advertising in games from more hype leading up to a realease of a new game and a lot more television coverage reviewing the new games and talking about games in development.

This is only a short idea of what future games may be like, but whatever it may be it seems to be looking very interesting indeed. Thanks for reading - SHEEPY

Mon 05/02/01 at 22:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Also they ask the gamers what they want improved in the games!

I will start now then, what would you want to see in new games or somethinf fixed.

Mine would be the soundtracks!
Tue 06/02/01 at 16:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well?
Tue 06/02/01 at 16:57
"Darkness, always"
I doubt games will be coming out with less bugs. PC games in particular, the general trend is that they are coming out with more bugs due to the pressure the public tend to put on the software houses to get the games on the shelves. This is countered by the fact that patches are becoming a much more prominent part of the gaming industry, and I believe that games will soon become very customisable post-purchase. In time, games may end up being released half complete, or even with only the game engine put together, with a view for consumers to use the internet to make the game whatever they want.

Consoles will be different, since they can't by nature be patched, they go through much more rigorous testing before release, and this will continue to be the case.

That is what I think anyway.

-IB

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.