GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Website Help Please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 16:26
Regular
I am trying to create a website but only have Microsoft Front Page. I used Dream Weaver a while back and recently decided to try on my home computer. BIG MISTAKE, it isn't half as good and I am having a few problems. The first is the line spacing. There is a huge gap between lines everytime I press "Enter". The second problem is with letting music play in the back ground. I have downloaded an MP3 I want to play in the back ground but because it is an MP3 file I can't play it. Does anyone know how I can convert it into another kind of file so I can play it?
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Sigh oh well...I'll just have to try and make up it up in content...
Sun 01/06/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You can't create a guestbook using HTML or Frontpage.

Get a free one from Bravenet.com.
Sun 01/06/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I took your advice phi11ip and it is now an optional link on the Links page of my site. The final step is creating a guest book but frankly that scares the heck out of me. I can only use html to change text colour etc:S
Sun 01/06/03 at 11:55
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Let people download it seperatly.

I'm not joking, most sites that have background music to them, get turned off within 10 seconds of the person entering the site. It's annoying and ruins any music that you're playing over the top.

Music = Bad

Could you imaging here playing a little midi file in the background everytime you go to post?
Sun 01/06/03 at 11:52
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
It's a song from one of the Buffy episodes that James Marsters sings. I found it on Kazaa and thought it would be good to have.
Sun 01/06/03 at 00:14
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
All them to download the file. Don't have it embedded into the page.

Create a hyperlink and type in the filename of the mp3 file plus the format which is probably .mp3 in lower case.

When they click the link it will then prompt them if they want to download it.

Make sure it isn't copyrighted though, we don't want you to get sued do we?
Sun 01/06/03 at 00:02
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Nah Lycos is cool. I only need about 50 megs and it's only one little ad that you can close. Right now however I am stuggling to get an MP3 to work on my site. I can get it to work as a video when on front page but on Lycos it is just a wee box with a white background and red cross. Any suggestions? Apart from regular news updates I'm hoping this will be the end of my site alterations.
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Dude, if you want some good free hosting with no pop-ups, banner ads, and a decent amount of webspace (100MB) go to www.flatface.net

You have to fill out a request form and give detailed information about the kind of site you want to upload, and there's no garauntee they'll give you the webspace, but the hosting is very good from my experience of it.

However, you will need an FTP program (I don't think you can use FrontPage's FTP either) but you could just get a free FTP program from somewhere...

Anyway. The site doesn't look bad.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Here's the link and I hope you enjoy :D -

http://members.lycos.co.uk/theslayerzone/index.htm
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I did it I did it! I just deleted the new directory I created and loaded all my grahics on to the same directory as my site pages and just like that it works:D!! Now I'm going to try and stick it on a search engine or two and post the link when I'm sure I'm done. Thanks for all your help!:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.