GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sex, Lies and Video Games..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/02/01 at 18:38
Regular
Of the rating systems employed over the past few years...

I've always been too old to be affected by the ELSPA, et al. rating systems for games

(although there were a few C64 games rated 15 & 18, it was done more as a publicity stunt than as any real rating system)

Do shops uphold them... or can anyone pretty much walk into EB and bag a copy of Quake3, Alice?

Given the current state of computer/console games development, is rating yet actually needed...

The majority of games have always seemed pretty tame to me... especially given the provided ratings they are often given...

Is the whole system in place to placate the army of ill informed and unjustly worried parents and Daily Mail readers?...

Or are ratings still used as publicity, a grabber for pre-pubesant kids?
Wed 07/02/01 at 20:54
Regular
I would rather have a game...
Wed 07/02/01 at 20:50
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> (But the colour! It intrigues me so...)

> Damn you brain! You'll get us both killed!

Grix Thraves and His Brain star in...

How to get ahead in GameaDay!
Wed 07/02/01 at 20:23
Regular
(But the colour! It intrigues me so...)

Damn you brain! You'll get us both killed!
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:46
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Then stop eating all those Nighshade cocktails!

If Ive told you once, I've told you a thousand times...
Tue 06/02/01 at 20:04
"I don't want to die!"
Tue 06/02/01 at 18:48
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Can anyone tell me why Perfect Dark was an 18?
Mon 05/02/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Of the rating systems employed over the past few years...

I've always been too old to be affected by the ELSPA, et al. rating systems for games

(although there were a few C64 games rated 15 & 18, it was done more as a publicity stunt than as any real rating system)

Do shops uphold them... or can anyone pretty much walk into EB and bag a copy of Quake3, Alice?

Given the current state of computer/console games development, is rating yet actually needed...

The majority of games have always seemed pretty tame to me... especially given the provided ratings they are often given...

Is the whole system in place to placate the army of ill informed and unjustly worried parents and Daily Mail readers?...

Or are ratings still used as publicity, a grabber for pre-pubesant kids?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.