GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Idea for elections."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 15:28
Regular
Right.. many of you have probably noticed that past elekshuns have always been a two horse race. Well while making a cup of tea about 10 mins agoI thought of this idea.. and I discussed it with Chipseh (cheap pop lol) and he thought it was a good idea.

So basically my idea is:

The day before the election everyone votes for who they want to win and the next day after the count, the two members with highest votes will become the candidates and therefore are the only two who can be voted for making things sooooooo much easier.

Anyway what you all thing?

- Bazzman -
EEEEEYYYYY!! :)
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
People say if they want to be notable a few days before an their names are added to a simple check box form.

The data is then submitted to them along with the username of the person who voted (to stop them voting again) and the person who they voted from the list.

Sadly though, it's a matter of them not having the time to make one. I'll have a go at making a basic one though, 'just for fun.'
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:03
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Right infact Sod the double vote.. I think the notables should pick two people who are worthy of Notablilty and then we vote for either two.
Fri 30/05/03 at 17:44
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
El Blokey wrote:
> Bazzman, how many bad ideas have you come up with for SR again?

Um... theres this one which I thought was good but obviously you don't agree. Name another one smartarse
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:37
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Hercules! wrote:

Neo would like to add that he was lying.
------------

=D
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:01
Regular
"He's back"
I vote because he threatened me.
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:00
Regular
Next elections, we should have to give a REASON for voting for that person. This would maybe cut down on tactical voting or whatever, and would make the elections more lively with more then two people running for the pee colour.
Fri 30/05/03 at 15:53
Regular
"Beaten with sticks"
A system where everyones votes are secret would work well and avoid tactical voting
Fri 30/05/03 at 15:48
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Bazzman, how many bad ideas have you come up with for SR again?
Fri 30/05/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Memorandum wrote:
> A secret ballot, then after the election they announce the winner, and
> post who each member voted for.
>
> That way they couldn't cheat because people would know if their vote
> had been changed.
>
> It would stop tactical voting, and people just following the crowd.

Ahh...yes. That's a much better idea.
Fri 30/05/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Neo would like to add that he was lying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.