GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A week in the life of slave..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 10:32
Regular
How do all...

Well this week has been very eventful. I had my IAM motorcyclists test booked and decided thst I'd treat myself to an R1 if I passed, so I went to the local bike shop where I rode one a few weeks back.

Couldnt afford a brand new one, and the guy says "you could afford an R6, why don't you take it out and see if you like it?" I'd ridden one before and thought it was too small and too slow, but I took it out for a play anyway (luke you do)

There was something wrong with the bike. It wouldnt drop into any corners, and the back end was slipping all over the place. I decided I hated it and started to take it back, when on a tight bend the back slid, shot the bike bolt upright and put me into a head on collision with a car.

After 3 days in hospital, I have a broken wrist with a metal plate under the skin holding it trogether for the rest of my life, massive bruising from hitting the petrol tank which has ended my sex life for the next month or so (wife not pleased!) and lost my new bike deposit from having to pay the £500 excess on the shops insurance.

On a lighter note, my latest licence for me to teach motorbikes came through the day after, which means after the iam, one more and my race class 2 licence I have every licence for bikes available. only thing is, I can't ride a bike now, so i can't teach.

great, huh?

Still could have been worse - a head on with a car on a bike could have been my life, not just a wrist. Could have been a bus - that would really have been game over.

Anyway, seeing as i've not been about, what have I missed?

Slave.
Sun 01/06/03 at 02:21
Regular
bad sh*t slave, hope you get back on your feet asap. like you say you're lucky its only a broken wris**t.
Fri 30/05/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Light of the world"
That sucks...sorry to hear that! Hope you get better soon - It well bad trying everything with your left hand isnt it??? I had a really bad case of tendinitis bout a year ago and couldnt move right at all, I found it difficult doing things with the left
Fri 30/05/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sue the b.stard bike shop
Fri 30/05/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Actually, it wasnt all that frightening at all, probably due to my training (i'm a qualified bike instructor now - new career i've been working on recently). it was only a combined speed of about 50 or so on a blind corner, so had a couple of seconds to slam the brakes on, and then start to stand up to jump the bike and the car, though I ran out of time.

just unlucky a car was there, i would have been in the bush and that would have been it.
Fri 30/05/03 at 10:53
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Slave, i hope you get better. It must have been quite frightening to crash your bike like that.

All the best.
Fri 30/05/03 at 10:47
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Ros, so do I, mate! it's impossible losing your right arm when you're right handed! Everything is so tough! Contact lenses, trouser buttons, buttering toast, i went to my in laws for dinner, they diddn't know about it and had cooled steak! The missus had to cut it up for me! :(

Congrats on the win, btw. you would have had my vote had I been here.
Fri 30/05/03 at 10:41
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Ouch.

Hope you get better soon.

:(
Fri 30/05/03 at 10:32
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
How do all...

Well this week has been very eventful. I had my IAM motorcyclists test booked and decided thst I'd treat myself to an R1 if I passed, so I went to the local bike shop where I rode one a few weeks back.

Couldnt afford a brand new one, and the guy says "you could afford an R6, why don't you take it out and see if you like it?" I'd ridden one before and thought it was too small and too slow, but I took it out for a play anyway (luke you do)

There was something wrong with the bike. It wouldnt drop into any corners, and the back end was slipping all over the place. I decided I hated it and started to take it back, when on a tight bend the back slid, shot the bike bolt upright and put me into a head on collision with a car.

After 3 days in hospital, I have a broken wrist with a metal plate under the skin holding it trogether for the rest of my life, massive bruising from hitting the petrol tank which has ended my sex life for the next month or so (wife not pleased!) and lost my new bike deposit from having to pay the £500 excess on the shops insurance.

On a lighter note, my latest licence for me to teach motorbikes came through the day after, which means after the iam, one more and my race class 2 licence I have every licence for bikes available. only thing is, I can't ride a bike now, so i can't teach.

great, huh?

Still could have been worse - a head on with a car on a bike could have been my life, not just a wrist. Could have been a bus - that would really have been game over.

Anyway, seeing as i've not been about, what have I missed?

Slave.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.