GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Speedball...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/02/01 at 18:08
Regular
What did Speedball 2100 turn out to be like?...

I read a ton of previews before its release... but after, as things do, it all wnet quiet...

Was the game any good... or ws it all considered a big mistake with everyone trying to hide under small brightly coloured pebbles (of the type you may find in say, a goldfish bowl)
Mon 05/02/01 at 18:08
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
What did Speedball 2100 turn out to be like?...

I read a ton of previews before its release... but after, as things do, it all wnet quiet...

Was the game any good... or ws it all considered a big mistake with everyone trying to hide under small brightly coloured pebbles (of the type you may find in say, a goldfish bowl)
Mon 05/02/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Whatever!"
I have been wondering whether I should buy this or not over the past couple of months!! Most reviews I have read say its a poor game, however if you are a fan of the original or Speedball 2 then this should go down rather well!! I think I will buy it, not just yet but eventually!!
Tue 06/02/01 at 15:45
"Darkness, always"
Don't buy it, it's awful.

Content yourself with the far superior Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe.

A truly superior game...

-IB
Tue 06/02/01 at 15:55
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Was Speedball2 released for the PS?
Tue 06/02/01 at 16:01
I bought it a few months ago, only to leave it on the train on the way to work the next day having played it only once. Doh!
Tue 06/02/01 at 17:26
"High polygon count"
> Was Speedball2 released for the PS?

The nearest thing to Speedball on the PS was DBZ - or Dead Ball Zone.

I had it - it was a good game, but I found it incredibly difficult.
Tue 06/02/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:

> The nearest thing to
> Speedball on the PS was DBZ - or Dead Ball Zone.

> I had it - it
> was a good game, but I found it incredibly difficult.

Cheers Wòókiee Møn§†€R.... not a PSX owner myself...

Ali@specialreserve wrote :
> I bought it a few months ago, only to leave it on the
> train on the way to work the next day having played it
> only once. Doh!

lol... scuppered... thats gotta hurt!?!

-- I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets, because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.
Wed 07/02/01 at 21:49
Regular
"Whatever!"
Got Speedball 2100 earlier today for a tenner!! Its not a bad game, however its not a particular good one either - Actually to be fair its alright, at least it feels and plays the same as previous Speedball. Bit disappointed with the style of play though they could have done so much more. Graphics are alright, not improved much since Speedball 2 mind which remains the best in the series. Oh yeah and the Ice Cream shouts still come from the crowd!!
Wed 07/02/01 at 22:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I use to like speedball :-) Maybe there should be a new version of it for the newer consoles. But besides much improved graphics maybe they could add extra ideas to make the game more appealing cause by the sounds of this topic its not exactly a game people have high on their lists ;-))

But the initial idea of the futuristic sport is good :-) All it needs is some people to really work on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.