GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola's "Sell your domain" service."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/03/09 at 17:33
"Are you sure?"
I've been looking at Freeola's 'sell your domain' service but can't see exactly how it works.

Sorry to appear dim - but can someone please explain how this works? If there is a web page that explains the details please point me in the right direction!

Do Freeola take care of all the transfer (both registration and ownership) details?

Everything reads that this is a 'free service' but are there any fees if a sale should go through?

Thanks in advance.

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 03/03/09 at 17:33
"Are you sure?"
I've been looking at Freeola's 'sell your domain' service but can't see exactly how it works.

Sorry to appear dim - but can someone please explain how this works? If there is a web page that explains the details please point me in the right direction!

Do Freeola take care of all the transfer (both registration and ownership) details?

Everything reads that this is a 'free service' but are there any fees if a sale should go through?

Thanks in advance.

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 04/03/09 at 09:33
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The 'Sell Your Domains' page basically allows Freeola and GetDotted customers to list/display/advertise their domain name on the GetDotted website. Due to the way the clever people in the Web Content department have created that page with meta tags and backlinks etc it gives customers a greater chance of their domain being 'out there' and easily picked up by everybodies favourite search engine. Each domain listed will also display a 'For Sale' page when accessed giving details of the domain, the owners estimated selling price as well as details of other domains for sale from the GetDotted pages.

Using this system also prevents the owner (and potential seller) of the domain name being inundated with spam or phoney offers as all communication sent through the correct channels are moderated by the helpful Freeola Support team :)

This page is simply a service we provide for listing and displaying for sale domains, the transfer of registrant details would be something completed between the two parties, although we don't mind pointing you in the right direction if asked.

No fees are imposed by us for the selling of the domain(s) however Nominet will charge you for an owner name change and there is a small admin fee charged by Freeola for 'top level' domains (.com, .org, .net etc).
Wed 04/03/09 at 09:53
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for that ButchML.
That clears up my query nicely.

NB. I'm not too sure about this statement though:

"Due to the way the clever people in the Web Content department have created that page with meta tags and backlinks etc it gives customers a greater chance of their domain being 'out there' and easily picked up by Google."

I've just picked a few domains currently for sale at random and looking at the source I see this:

<title>domainname.co.uk and thousands more registered domain names for sale from Freeola</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="">
<meta name="description" content="">
<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">

I looked at 4 or 5 domains and most where the same and not ranking on Google FWIW.
Perhaps I picked the wrong domains and things have changed for new ones listed.

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 04/03/09 at 09:57
Regular
ButchML wrote:
> No fees are imposed by us for the selling of the domain(s)
> however Nominet will charge you for an owner name change and
> there is a small admin fee charged by Freeola for 'top level'
> domains (.com, .org, .net etc).

Which I think is still £10+VAT
Wed 04/03/09 at 10:08
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> Thanks for that ButchML.
> That clears up my query nicely.
>
>
> NB. I'm not too sure about this statement though:
>
> "Due to the way the clever people in the Web Content
> department have created that page with meta tags and backlinks
> etc it gives customers a greater chance of their domain being
> 'out there' and easily picked up by Google.
"
>
> I've just picked a few domains currently for sale at random and
> looking at the source I see this:
>
> <title>domainname.co.uk and thousands more
> registered domain names for sale from Freeola</title>
> <meta name="keywords" content="">
> <meta name="description" content="">
> <meta name="robots" content="noindex,
> nofollow">

>
> I looked at 4 or 5 domains and most where the same and not
> ranking on Google FWIW.
> Perhaps I picked the wrong domains and things have changed for
> new ones listed.
>

>

The listings pages themselves are optimised, not the info pages. This is because we obviously can't create specific keywords for every domain name for sale, especially if is is a random string of characters and numbers that noone is going to ever search for.

You can't exactly optimise specific domains for sale, if you understand what I mean... because you don't know if something is for sale until you see it.

E.g. If I bought something123.com I can't then create a page optimised for 'something123'.

The advantage of having your domain on our listings page is so that it is shown to a very large audience, in a place where people are most likely to be actively seeking to buy domains - infinitely enhancing your chances of showing that your site is for sale, rather than just hoping someone types in your domain name one day :)

I could have been more 'to-the-point' there but hopefully you get it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.