GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[ALBUM] - Invaders Must Die by The Prodigy"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/03/09 at 23:16
Regular
"Mooching around"
Right, here's my quick on the fly review:

Released generally on the 23rd of February, Invaders Must Die is The Prodigy's fifth studio album.

Without boring you with further details, let's jump straight in to the tracks:

1 - Invaders Must Die

The first single to be released from the album, the track starts off with low bassy notes that build up, added drama is added with distorted guitar effects that are common in many Prodigy songs. The noise dulls while a distorted voice claims "We are the Prodigy" and the full track kicks in.

Low bass tones accompanied with high pitch "squeals" are what best describe this track. It's a great mix; and oddly uplifting tune.

2 - Omen

The second and latest single to be released from the album, and my personal favourite on the CD. This is a slightly faster song than Invaders Must Die, with far more lyrics. The high tones are in full force in this song, this time accompanied with fast drum beats.

Every now and then, the beat cuts and you're left with a xylophone playing in the background, which adds a sort of eerie beauty to song.

As a side note: the video to this song has a young girl playing the xylophone which I found incredibly creepy!

3 - Thunder

This track kicks off with bass pedal beats and a tone of ever rising pitch with it. Once the tone hits breaking point, the beat changes and we're opened with a few lyrics on raindances.

This a far more distorted song than the ones before it, with extreme synth beats to it.

4 - Colours

This track wastes no time and kicks straight into the beat. After a few seconds, a beat that reminds me fondly of the old 8bit games emerges.

During a beat break, this oddly nostalgic beat takes control and we're treated to a full swing of it's melody.

Personally a very enjoyable song to listen to.

5 - Take me to The Hospital

A very general Prodigy song, this song reminds me a lot of Out of Space. Random beats and odd lyrics are what this song is all about.

6 - Warrior's Dance

A quiet opening for this song, with a very cool sounding back beat building from behind.

Female lyrics help open this song, and once again we're in Prodigy land with low tones, fast drum beats and high pitch synthesiser tones.

A typical prodigy song, this the sort of song you could chill out to after a few beers or see yourself jumping up and down to with lights and lasers above your head.

7 - Run with the Wolves

Solid powerful beats start this one off, while Keith Flint's easily identifiable voice quickly interupts.

This is one of my least favoured songs on the album, but most of my friends disagree with me. Though I can't deny the live version does look pretty impressive.

8 - Omen Reprise

The shortest track on the album, this is actually very distinct from track 2, and mainly serves as a sort of interlude in the album.

9 - World's on Fire

Opens with the words "World's on Fire" being repeated several times, this song also shares that 8bit sound I enjoyed from Colours.

This song nicely blends some uplifting beats to some smooth bass tones.

10 - Piranha

A fast pace song with crazy lyrics is what song offers, probably not to everyone's taste, but you expect these kind of crazy outbursts on the Prodigy albums.

Wild sounds and general bass is what sums this song up. A good track in my opinion.

11 - Stand Up

Silence for the first 20 odd seconds of this track, oddly followed up by some almost comic harmonica-esque sounds.

By around 3 minutes in, the harsher bass tones are also with us.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what I made of this song, and it seems odd to put it as the finishing song on the album to me.

-----------------------

Overall, a decent album from the Prodigy boys. A few notable tracks are availiable, and if you're anything of a Prodigy fan, chances are you're going to enjoy this album.

If you don't fancy yourself a fan, I'd still recommend checking out Omen. It's a fantastic song, and should be amazing at any club or party.

The official video for it can be found on YouTube here
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 02/03/09 at 23:16
Regular
"Mooching around"
Right, here's my quick on the fly review:

Released generally on the 23rd of February, Invaders Must Die is The Prodigy's fifth studio album.

Without boring you with further details, let's jump straight in to the tracks:

1 - Invaders Must Die

The first single to be released from the album, the track starts off with low bassy notes that build up, added drama is added with distorted guitar effects that are common in many Prodigy songs. The noise dulls while a distorted voice claims "We are the Prodigy" and the full track kicks in.

Low bass tones accompanied with high pitch "squeals" are what best describe this track. It's a great mix; and oddly uplifting tune.

2 - Omen

The second and latest single to be released from the album, and my personal favourite on the CD. This is a slightly faster song than Invaders Must Die, with far more lyrics. The high tones are in full force in this song, this time accompanied with fast drum beats.

Every now and then, the beat cuts and you're left with a xylophone playing in the background, which adds a sort of eerie beauty to song.

As a side note: the video to this song has a young girl playing the xylophone which I found incredibly creepy!

3 - Thunder

This track kicks off with bass pedal beats and a tone of ever rising pitch with it. Once the tone hits breaking point, the beat changes and we're opened with a few lyrics on raindances.

This a far more distorted song than the ones before it, with extreme synth beats to it.

4 - Colours

This track wastes no time and kicks straight into the beat. After a few seconds, a beat that reminds me fondly of the old 8bit games emerges.

During a beat break, this oddly nostalgic beat takes control and we're treated to a full swing of it's melody.

Personally a very enjoyable song to listen to.

5 - Take me to The Hospital

A very general Prodigy song, this song reminds me a lot of Out of Space. Random beats and odd lyrics are what this song is all about.

6 - Warrior's Dance

A quiet opening for this song, with a very cool sounding back beat building from behind.

Female lyrics help open this song, and once again we're in Prodigy land with low tones, fast drum beats and high pitch synthesiser tones.

A typical prodigy song, this the sort of song you could chill out to after a few beers or see yourself jumping up and down to with lights and lasers above your head.

7 - Run with the Wolves

Solid powerful beats start this one off, while Keith Flint's easily identifiable voice quickly interupts.

This is one of my least favoured songs on the album, but most of my friends disagree with me. Though I can't deny the live version does look pretty impressive.

8 - Omen Reprise

The shortest track on the album, this is actually very distinct from track 2, and mainly serves as a sort of interlude in the album.

9 - World's on Fire

Opens with the words "World's on Fire" being repeated several times, this song also shares that 8bit sound I enjoyed from Colours.

This song nicely blends some uplifting beats to some smooth bass tones.

10 - Piranha

A fast pace song with crazy lyrics is what song offers, probably not to everyone's taste, but you expect these kind of crazy outbursts on the Prodigy albums.

Wild sounds and general bass is what sums this song up. A good track in my opinion.

11 - Stand Up

Silence for the first 20 odd seconds of this track, oddly followed up by some almost comic harmonica-esque sounds.

By around 3 minutes in, the harsher bass tones are also with us.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what I made of this song, and it seems odd to put it as the finishing song on the album to me.

-----------------------

Overall, a decent album from the Prodigy boys. A few notable tracks are availiable, and if you're anything of a Prodigy fan, chances are you're going to enjoy this album.

If you don't fancy yourself a fan, I'd still recommend checking out Omen. It's a fantastic song, and should be amazing at any club or party.

The official video for it can be found on YouTube here

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.