GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I.S.P. suitable for Satellite Internet"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/05/03 at 13:44
Regular
I want to use satellite one way broadband as I live in an area which does not have & most probably will never have broadband.
I don't know if anyone can help but I need a dial up I.S.P. that enables me to bypass the Proxy server.
I was hoping to use my Freeola account but this does not appear to work.
Can anyone recommend a suitable I.S.P.

Thanks.
Fri 30/05/03 at 12:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mmm I was reading about this yesterday. It's actually 100% coverage - that's the point. I think it'll be quite pricey for a while though.
Fri 30/05/03 at 11:44
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Heh....check this out, talk about revolutionary and cheap and 95 - 98% coverage of the UK :)

http://www.skylinc.co.uk

Just needs a bit of investment from business to make it a major goer and that's basically the whole of the UK sorted for BB!
Thu 29/05/03 at 23:41
Regular
"It's Only Me"
I've just found out that I was doing something wrong. :-(

In my internet conection settings I should have ticked use a proxy server & entered the settings of the satellite conection.

I just didnt read the instructions properly.

Everything now works fine & it's great to be able to surf the net @ fast speeds. :o)
Thu 29/05/03 at 18:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Eh?

Mate you just need to speak to your satellite provider. I don't know where the hell proxies come into this...
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:44
Regular
"It's Only Me"
I want to use satellite one way broadband as I live in an area which does not have & most probably will never have broadband.
I don't know if anyone can help but I need a dial up I.S.P. that enables me to bypass the Proxy server.
I was hoping to use my Freeola account but this does not appear to work.
Can anyone recommend a suitable I.S.P.

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.