GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my website page text is too wide on my wifes pc "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/03/09 at 08:00
Regular
Hi,im new here but enjoying it,although some my pages of text show up different on my wifes separate pc,where some of the pages overlap the right border and some my poem words are not in line.What causes this and can i do anything on my site building to overcome this.or is it just her pc.All the very best,Ray
Mon 02/03/09 at 08:00
Regular
Hi,im new here but enjoying it,although some my pages of text show up different on my wifes separate pc,where some of the pages overlap the right border and some my poem words are not in line.What causes this and can i do anything on my site building to overcome this.or is it just her pc.All the very best,Ray
Mon 02/03/09 at 09:48
Regular
Hi Ray

Please can you give us the name (address) of the website so that we can have a look?

Are you using InstantPro Website Builder?

Also, are you both using the same web browsers and operating systems i.e. Internet Explorer 7 and Windows XP?

Thanks
Mon 02/03/09 at 10:02
"Are you sure?"
Also might be worth checking the browser's 'text size' setting on the problem PC.

In Internet Explorer, click the 'Page' icon then select 'Text Size' - the 'medium' setting is the default.

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 03/03/09 at 12:03
Regular
Thank you for your replies,my website is The Gypsy Poet address is htpp://www.thegypsypoet.co.uk
Tue 03/03/09 at 12:10
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
I've had a quick look and didn't see any text 'overlapping'.
But in case I missed it can you point to an example of where you see the problem?

I notice you seem to use different 'justification' for some of your text - left, centre etc. which changes some of the appearance.

Did you also manage to check the 'text size' on the problem PC?

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 03/03/09 at 13:24
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Support should have replied to you query now. The issue is cause by sentences finishing with a full stop and no space before the next sentence begins. This means the browser sees one long word, instead of 2 words with a full stop in between and can't then wrap the sentence to fit in the space. See here where I've fixed the first 3 paragraphs for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.