GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ah hell, you can take another Reloaded thread."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/05/03 at 22:55
Regular
Looked around, saw I was late to the party, clicked Start New Topic. So sue me.

Anyway, to me the first half of the movie was pretty bad. Sitting around saying "It's all about choice", "No you made the choice a long time ago, now you have to understand why". Well, right now I'm wondering WHY I'm sitting here listening to this BS instead of watching some sass-kicking fight scenes.

Lots of pointless bits in Zion, Neo getting a spoon, and a love/dance scene - apparently all women in the last human city get their knockers out at every available opportunity. People suddenly in robes, despite wearing the tattiest, clearly home made clothes ever while on board the ship. And something about Tank being dead; I distinctly remember him getting back up in the first one, but like my friend said afterwards, maybe there were complications and they just didn't bother to tell us.

But thankfully the second half redeemed it - some excellent action scenes, and less poncey crap designed and worded in order to confuse you and make you think "Woah, that was clever. Real deep", but in fact would be pretty easy to follow for most people.

The highway scene was excellent, even though if you fought on top of a lorry the moment your feet left it you would be flat on your rs on the road, not in the same position on the truck.

Some bits of it felt as if they were just there to make the film cool - like the ghost twins. Sure, it explains what they are, but we (or at least, I) never found out why they are with that French speaking chap. I don't even know who, or what, the French speaking chap is.

A lot of people have said the fight scenes for Neo would be pointless, as he could just fly off, but I think the "burly brawl" is the only one this could be applied to. The other fight scenes he has to keep the attackers away from others, for example in the fight in the lobby with two staircases he had to give Morpheus and the rest time to escape.

Also, they seem to be trying to make a point of his stupidity. He ends up in the mountains - instead of going back into the house to find another exit, he just automatically zooms of. He could have even gone back inside the building to get out of The Matrix and put back into it at a closer point. But no. And that bit where he just pulls those Raphael-from-the-turtles daggers towards him without using his body, why doesn't he do this all the time? He's not had his powers that long, surely he would still be doing it for novelty effect if nothing else?

All this makes me wonder why Neo IS the one. There must be something different about him that sets him apart from the others. It's not physical features, as they don't matter in the Matrix, and he's so stupid it can't be mental features either. Sigh.

All in all, quite a good film, but not as good as the first. Hopefully number three will follow straight on, no crap in the first half of the movie. No Keanu hole, no breasts on display (I can't believe I'm saying this...), no wooden acting for more than two minutes at a time.

Oh, *Spoilers*
Thu 29/05/03 at 18:54
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Hah! :D
Thu 29/05/03 at 18:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Kiriyama wrote:
> Well, they're just see-through clothes really...

Maybe they're just really naive?
Thu 29/05/03 at 18:44
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Blank wrote:
> Kiriyama2 wrote:
> The twins face deletion, so like most programmes, they go into
> exhile
> and Merovingian seems to be taking in all of the programmes in
> exhile,
> like those two who were from an older version of the Matrix.
>
> Ah, so he protects all the unwanted programmes? I think I get it
> now.
>
> Any news on why the women get their boobs out yet?

Well, they're just see-through clothes really...
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:55
Regular
"One More Chance"
I hope there wont be a mini Neo. That would be cheesy.
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Kiriyama2 wrote:
> The twins face deletion, so like most programmes, they go into exhile
> and Merovingian seems to be taking in all of the programmes in exhile,
> like those two who were from an older version of the Matrix.

Ah, so he protects all the unwanted programmes? I think I get it now.

Any news on why the women get their boobs out yet?
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:15
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
And he tried to presuade the Wachowski brothers to raise his pay packet with a gun. He was arrested. However, there is the WWT (We Want Tank) Coalition, that tried to presuade Warner to rehire Marcus Chong.
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:12
Regular
"lets go back"
Everyone seems to be wondering where Tank is. He didnt die in the first film so they presume he should be in the second.

The reason he isn't is because the actor who played Tank was fired because he was makin unreasonable demands so they killed of the character.
Thu 29/05/03 at 08:50
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Two questions about that rave scene, one, how could the people at the back hear Morpheus?

And two, why didnt it cave in when they ALL started dancing?
Thu 29/05/03 at 08:02
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that Trinity is preggers. Why else dwell on that damn rave scene so much?!
Thu 29/05/03 at 07:12
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Blank wrote:
> Some bits of it felt as if they were just there to make the film cool
> - like the ghost twins. Sure, it explains what they are, but we (or at
> least, I) never found out why they are with that French speaking chap.
> I don't even know who, or what, the French speaking chap is.

The twins face deletion, so like most programmes, they go into exhile and Merovingian seems to be taking in all of the programmes in exhile, like those two who were from an older version of the Matrix.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.