GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pinch punch"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/03/09 at 07:53
Regular
"Mooching around"
Unless my calender lies to me, which is entirely possible these days, today be the first day of March.

Special events in March include:
Pi Day on the 14th
St. Patrick's Day on the 17th
Spring Equinox on the some time around the 20th

And, of course, Easter on the 21st.

So, how was your February? And any plans for the coming days of March?
Sun 01/03/09 at 07:53
Regular
"Mooching around"
Unless my calender lies to me, which is entirely possible these days, today be the first day of March.

Special events in March include:
Pi Day on the 14th
St. Patrick's Day on the 17th
Spring Equinox on the some time around the 20th

And, of course, Easter on the 21st.

So, how was your February? And any plans for the coming days of March?
Sun 01/03/09 at 10:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Shadowdream wrote:
> Unless my calender lies to me, which is entirely possible these
> days, today be the first day of March.
>
> Special events in March include:
> Pi Day on the 14th
> St. Patrick's Day on the 17th
> Spring Equinox on the 19th

Today is also St David's Day.

I think you'll find that 'the first day of Spring' or the Spring Equinox is the 21st March. These 'days' are quarter days and occur on the 21st June (Summer equinox), 21st September (Autumn equinox), 21st December (Winter equinox)and 21st March (Spring equinox)
Sun 01/03/09 at 14:27
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Spring equinox is on the 20th march this year. And theres only 2 equinox in a year.
Sun 01/03/09 at 15:14
Regular
"Mooching around"
Curse wikipedia :)
Sun 01/03/09 at 15:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:
> Spring equinox is on the 20th march this year. And theres only 2
> equinox in a year.

OK Garin, replace 'equinox' with 'solstice' for June and December - but you still have four 'quarter' days - days/dates which were originally used to mark the time when rent was due or close enough (Lady Days) -

the second digit of the day of the month equals the number of letters in the month's name; i.e. Lady Day is 25 March, and March has five letters; similarly June has four letters and September nine, so Midsummer Day and Michaelmas fall on the 24th and 29th.
Sun 01/03/09 at 17:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Just wondering, does throwing in superfluous information help you feel less wrong? :)
Sun 01/03/09 at 19:04
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Garin wrote:
> Just wondering, does throwing in superfluous information help you
> feel less wrong? :)

Steady on :p

Knew what you meant DL, I think that the spring one will be the timing for my next investigation. Does throw open the case of autosuggestion - to me it's just another day of the year...
Sun 01/03/09 at 19:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hippyman wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> Just wondering, does throwing in superfluous information help
> you
> feel less wrong? :)
>
> Steady on :p
>
> Knew what you meant DL, I think that the spring one will be the
> timing for my next investigation. Does throw open the case of
> autosuggestion - to me it's just another day of the year...

Thanks HM, many things are often sent to try us...what's Garin's problem? You hold on to your beliefs...these 'days' do hold ancient references and 'modern' man seems incapable of sensing the importance of such days...just because the 'created Gregorian' calendar has thrown all 'dates' out of line, it's just a joke.

Every year will be different - date/day wise, but it's strange that 25th December is Christmas Day every year, now matter the year, even though Christ, because of calendar alterations, was supposedly born 2 months later in February.

Sorry to 'bore' you with my ramblings, but my dead grandmother and dead mother were 'old' ones in the way they lived their lives following ancient Celtic traditions and as far as I'm concerned, I believe in 21, after all my eldest son was born on the 1st day of Spring, the 21st :-)
Sun 01/03/09 at 20:55
Regular
Pinch, punch? More like sexual harrasment =[
Sun 01/03/09 at 23:18
Regular
I need an adult! I need an adult!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.