GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Iraq destroyed weapons before the war?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/05/03 at 12:57
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2942978.stm

So Rumsfeld now says that Iraq may have destroyed the weapons before the invasi-..sorry..war.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't that kind of mean the war wasn't necessary?

I mean, their intel was so superb and accurate that they assured us "these weapons could be ready for use within hours" right?
Only, they couldn't find them.
Now they're saying they could have been destroyed before this all happened.
"It could take months to find these weapons" Rumsfeld warns.
So why wasn't the UN given months? Oh yeah, because these weapons were a threat and ready for immediate use.
Except they didnt use them.
CNN reports that Rumsfeld is confused by the lack of discover "He said he did not know why Iraq had not used chemical weapons against the invaders as Washington had predicted it would.
And he said the speed of the US advance may have caught Iraq by surprise, adding: "It is also possible that they decided that they would destroy them prior to a conflict."

And the world grew suspicious at the non-appearance and usage of these WOMD, so the reason for war changed.
It went from "WOMD, Saddam will kill you and everyone you love!" to "We're freeing these Iraqis"
Uh-huh, nice righteous reason there Dubya.
Except it wasn't about freeing these poor people (made worse by imposition of sanctions for over a decade and continual bombing runs since 1991 by US and British planes).
Subtle spin in the news changed the "Gulf War 2" from being about destroying WOMD to liberating an oppressed people, complete with repeated showings of a statue being toppled.

Dont let yourself be distracted for a single second about the original reason for war.
WOMD.
WOMD that haven't been produced once, despite all this intel we were told about before the war.
WOMD that were never used in the invasion.
WOMD that still haven't been discovered, with the "Oh but Iraq's a big country" excuse. Yeah? But you had all this intel before the invasion, you're telling me now you can't find them?
And now we have today's little chestnut that "they may have already been destroyed"
Are you that stupid (Bell excluded) that you'll swallow this horseshit excuse for invasion?

Rumsfeld is now "warning" Iran.
Which is odd, because Iran has long been a puppet state of the USA, ever since The CIA instigated a coup to depose former leader Mohammad Mossadeq in 1953.
CIA ousts Mossadeq and puts in a nice, US approved Shah.
They then arm, train and fund the Iranian military to wage war on Iraq.
Except The Ayatollah overthrows The Shah and returns a hardline Muslim rule to Iran.
CIA then install, arm and train Saddam Hussein. Giving him technological knowledge, WOMD, missiles and ballistic weaponry to fight against The Ayatollah.
Who then displays pro-US ideals and suddenly is their freind again.
So what happens?
Hussein is now the bad man.

Even a child can see the workings here. Arm A to fight B. Then arm B to fight A because A doesn't like you anymore.

USA invades Iraq to destroy WOMD (provided by the USA), except there are none. Doesn't matter because now it's about freeing civilians.
USA owns Iraq and now turns to Iran, formerly a close-ally and starts to eye them up.
As predicted with the Iraq invasion almost 2 years before it happened, I'd advise you to keep your eye on Iran. Because the USA will be in there soon, then they own that region completely. Saudi is basically USA with sand and that leaves very few anti-US regions.

And if anyone fancies reading about the CIA assisted coup of Iran in 1953, in case you think this is being made up, have a read:
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB28/

Iraq was not a war about removing WOMD. It was an illegal invasion designed to solidify US interests in oil-rich nations.
Except they distract you with talk of "mass graves", which makes it appear like if you disagree you're evil.
Yeah?
So what about Mugabe? What about the mass graves of hacked to death civilians in Zimbabwe? He's invited to summit meetings in Paris, albeit with distaste.

No financial gain from bombing it to dust and then rebuilding using contracts awarded to solely US and UK companies (although the UK are losing out).
It's not about oil, it's about $$££ from rebuilding contracts, arms sales to neighbouring regions and defence budgets given "blank cheque" funding in this war against terror.
Sat 31/05/03 at 10:22
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Oh yes, lets start it all again so we can bore anyone who dares read it to death...
Sat 31/05/03 at 08:40
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't start all this again. Just try to debate the point that was made in the topic, don't go around insulting each other, it doesn't get you anywhere.

I'm off again.
Fri 30/05/03 at 23:50
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'll be rich, rich I tell you, etc etc.

Yes, I am dribbling. It's ironic.
Fri 30/05/03 at 23:15
Regular
"bing bang bong"
"How to hijack a decent thread by sheer quantity of dribbling" by Light and Blank -

Available in all good bookstores now
Fri 30/05/03 at 22:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Nah, but it really wasn't me who said anything about these Pyongyang things. I'm guessing they're some sort of missile or some other military equipment? I could be completely off the mark, I don't know a lot about things like this. Military stuff I mean.
Fri 30/05/03 at 21:28
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ha! Am I becoming the Puck of the life forum ? Of course HALO Fan must be confused because according to Light he/she is me anyway, so from now on you're going to see Light go all postal over any newbie who dares to post in the same topic as Light. Ho hum
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
If I do anything bad, blame it on Belldandy.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Otaku"
Okay here's my brief conclusion of why war themed topics, or in fact anything remotely serious themed, is a bad idea on this forum:

It ends in squabbling over affronts that only those involved actually care about, and buries the good posts beneath them.

Is it always like this ?, or shall we blame it on the newly christened "End of Season Syndrome (football fans suffering effects similar to those of people who are effected by the lack of sunlight in winter) that someone on Sky News has dreamnt up....
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Belldandy wrote:
> Hey, you sure you aren't Light's alternate user name, Blank ? You have
> the same inimicable way of posting without adding anything of worth.
> Or are you still dreaming up scenarios involving the Pyongyang being
> sold by the North Koreans ?

For the last time, that wasn't me. I said so when you asked if it was me, and I'm saying it again. I don't know where you got it from. I won't even pretend to know what Pyongyang are.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Blank wrote:
> Someone should save this topic. It's classic Belldandy. "Goodbye
> cruel world, I'm leaving forever", and back within the month. A
> new personal best?

Hey, you sure you aren't Light's alternate user name, Blank ? You have the same inimicable way of posting without adding anything of worth. Or are you still dreaming up scenarios involving the Pyongyang being sold by the North Koreans ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.