GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ADSL2+. "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/02/09 at 14:03
Regular
So I have received an email from freeola, it says that from March my tarrif is changing and when my exchange is upgraded I will be able to get download speeds of up to 24mb!

My question is will I need a new router when the upgrade takes place? or will my current Zyxel one do just fine?

Digi

No date for my exchange upgrade though
Mon 02/03/09 at 14:13
Regular
Eccles wrote:
> Your router should be fine for ADSL2+ when it gets to your
> exchange. No date for my exchange either. By the time it gets
> here they'll be an even better technology to replace it!

Lol, probably a lot of truth in that since BT plan to go fibre-optic for 10 million homes by 2012.
Sun 01/03/09 at 19:08
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
lo all,
Dont worry too much about your router Digi, Eccles is right in saying you'll probably have a new one by the time BT make the upgrade. Ive checked my estimated upgrade date and im thinking by the time it happens i'll have a new pc and its speed will be measured in photons rather than the old mhz measurement.

Looking forward to the upgrade tho and all the other changes that will come before.

Keep safe all.
Sun 01/03/09 at 00:22
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Your router should be fine for ADSL2+ when it gets to your exchange. No date for my exchange either. By the time it gets here they'll be an even better technology to replace it!
Sat 28/02/09 at 15:11
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digi,

If your exchange hasn't got an RFS date yet then you might have bought a new router by the time BT get round to it!

If you check the manufacturers website for your model it should tell you if it's up to ADSL2+

NB. Don't forget the Freeola Services forum for Freeola related stuff ;¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 28/02/09 at 14:03
Regular
So I have received an email from freeola, it says that from March my tarrif is changing and when my exchange is upgraded I will be able to get download speeds of up to 24mb!

My question is will I need a new router when the upgrade takes place? or will my current Zyxel one do just fine?

Digi

No date for my exchange upgrade though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.